It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2006, 07:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Question 3 y old acting weird

My dd likes every evening before having bath to undress and lay with me on the bed, kissing me and huging me and croll all over me ( I have my clothes on). It seems weird to me and bothering me.
Is it normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: 3 y old acting weird

Sounds like a 3 year old having fun and showing that she loves you. They don't know better about being naked and huggy at that age. But if it really bugs you I guess you could ask that she tone it down or maybe not do it when she's naked, but I wouldn't ask her to completely stop. Telling a kid that age that you don't like the way they are showing you their love could really harm them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
(female)

angelique5 HB User

My 3yr old is JUST starting to not want his siblings to see him naked... before this, he could care less, he'd walk naked down the street if you let him! They dont have the same inhibitions we adults do!

I think if you said anything to her about it, it could actually hurt her...she may not understand why it's "wrong" or "bothering you" and internalize it as something being wrong with her, or mommy not loving her.

If you're not comfortable with it...just don't let the situation arise...don't lay down first for her to lay with you... you could tell her you have some work to do (dishes, laundry, whatever) and need her to hurry and get in her bath...or tell her you'll cuddle with her at bedtime...

Old 05-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

She is actually pushing me to lay with her and I was trying to explain her that i want her to take her bath asap 'cause we waisting time and she still wants me to lay with her and holding me.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
(female)

tamara29 HB User

I think this is very, very normal. My almost three year old loves to rub her face and arms against mine. She also likes to rub her belly against my arm. I don't really think that there's anything wrong with it, and I'm afraid that if you told her there was, she might take it the wrong way. And, I'm sure it feels good to her and she loves you.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

When you made the comment about wasting time, it sent up a flare. I think she's just trying to get some quality time with you and the only way she knows how is to get your attention this way. If I haven't spent enough time with my 4 yr old son, he'll crawl up in my lap and ask for weird things.

He also gets in moods where he's particularly lovey and will just come up out of the blue and start kissing me all over the face....then I won't see the little twerp for a few hours, or at least not by his choosing.

I think she's just loving on mommy. You seem to have an issue with the fact that she does it on the bed....I'm just guessing, but are you relating the fact that the bed represents sexual experiences and that is by chance what is making you uncomfortable?? If it is, take comfort in the fact that at three, chances are she has no clue what goes on in the bed, other than sleeping and to her it's just a good soft place to get mommy to lay down and smother her with kisses.

Enjoy them, because soon you'll be icky and won't be allowed to even hug her...my 11 year old son is already embarassed by this! Oh how I miss the days when he was cute willing to cuddle.

Good luck!................Angel

Old 05-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #7
(female)

Toot Toot HB User

I don't know...I would probably be bothered by this as well. What bothers me, I guess, is the way in which the original post is worded. It does kind of sound as though, for the 3 year-old, nakedness is necessary. Probably not. The post kind of weirded me out, though, when I first read it.
Romans 8:28

Old 06-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #8
(female)

Liz Cook HB User

i read an article once that said that kids dont generally get their inhabitions until they are 4 and before that they could care less about their own nudity... personally i envy their devil may care ability to express themselves.

if its location that bothers you try to change it. my son is naked alot but that is because he is autistic and has an intolerance to clothing. when there is down time at home we let him be how he wants to be. if he gets a little to "friendly" we just tell him that that is not ok and redirect him to other activities like tickling etc. so he is still naked just doing things that are comfortable for us. maybe you should take the getting ready for bath to the living room. maybe it wont seem so uncomfortable in a family setting as opposed to the bedroom which has those pre children memories that you find so hard to find time to relive now! (dang i miss those pre-children days!)

anyhow, G-Luck with your daughter, im sure that everything will turn out just fine!

Old 06-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

I think that this is probably perfectly fine BUT if you are uncomfortable with it, then I don't think that you should do it. We all have our boundaries and there's no reason for you to do something that doesn't feel right.

I think I would introduce some new game or challenge right before bathtime to distract her. Can't think of anything great right now -- maybe set the timer and see if she can jump in the tub before the timer goes off. Or, buy her some of the fun colored soap foam. She only gets to use it if she goes straight from undressing into the bath. No need to explain why. Just make it a game! If it's fun enough, she won't think about what she's missing.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

PS. I'm curious. How did this habit begin of laying down with your naked daughter?

Closed Thread