It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #1

jtm HB User
Question Parental Concerns

I started working out alot around Janurary. I have gained about 50 pounds as a result. I have also gained fat but nothing alarming if noticeable at all. Throughout this entire time, I did not see my parents until a few days ago. They were shocked by my weight/appearance, but they didnt say anything to me about it until now when my mom called me. She was crying because she thought I was being very unhealthy. She said that she was alarmed by the fact that I have stretch marks on my biceps. I told her it was from muscle growth but she didnt believe me. She then started to talk about my chest, saying that it looked like I had female breasts. All of this is untrue though, when I flex my chest, it is almost entirely muscle.

Now everything she says is entirely not true, instead of fat its muscle. But I guess maybe with a shirt on maybe she assumed that it was fat (I dont know how but whatever).

I just dont know what to say to her to relieve her concern. She was crying and I felt really bad but I also knew that what she was concerned about was not true. She wants me to go on special diets and decrease my food intake. I told her that I wouldnt do that because obviously if you want muscle growth you need to eat more, not less.

Do you guys have any ideas about what I should say to her?

Old 05-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Re: Parental Concerns

May be you can go to the doctor and ask him to right evaluation and mail it to her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 12:33 PM   #3

jtm HB User
Re: Parental Concerns

Thats a good idea. I just remembered that I went to a doctor a few months ago for an unrelated reason and when he first saw me he said "well you obviously work out alot."

Closed Thread