It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
If only I could turn back time...

Being a mom of 4 (15,13,12,10)and only 34 i realize something I never new before...enjoy ur kids while u can. When they are little(0-10)you dont realize how much u got angry or told them not to do something. I didnt realize at the time how sweet they really were and they werent just little adults, they were children. If I could turn back time I would change so many things. I would let them walk around with crayons, who cares if they draw on the wall i can clean it! I wouldnt care if they ate their icecream without a napkin, they can be bathed, I would sit back and really smile at their silyl tantrums instead of stressing, I would appreciate the little things I now miss and dont remember much of. I would have sat with them more, played with them, walked with them, not yelled at them and let them be children. Maybe I was just too young or perhaps I was like most parents and didnt realize till it was too late. I always tell my friends things now...to soak up and enjoy every wonderful second of it all because you cant turn back time.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
(female)

InsaneMom HB User
Re: If only I could turn back time...

I totally agree with you... I am 31 and my DDs are 11 and 9 and time has gone by way too quickly and I wish I could have been more relaxed and played a lot more when they were younger. I love them so much and I would love to go back and hold them more and play a lot more and even just let them be kids like they were.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
(female)

angelique5 HB User

I understand as well... I'm 33, and have children 14, 13, 11, 10, 3 and a 17 yr old stepson I've raised...

I wonder if i sometimes focused on all the wrong things... I hope I did focus on some of the right things... I hope they'll all make it, and grow up well...

What I always think parents of young children don't realize is this:
The younger years are the EASIER years...enjoy them..savor them.. things become much more challenging as they enter their teens,and then they need us in other ways...sometimes, for me...much more challenging and mentally exhausting ways... when they're little...LOVE em... teach them to be respectful...and to play, and to enjoy life, and enjoy learning... it will make a world of difference when they're older...

Old 05-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
(female)

tamara29 HB User

I tried for three years to get pregnant with my daughter, and I'm enjoying every minute of her. She just turned three, and I try not to mind her making a mess or making a lot of noise. I often say that my house was too clean and too quiet before she came along. She may be my only child, too, so I know I have to appreciate every second.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

I think I needed to read a post like this today. My son is 2 and I am 23 years old. Today he is has been throwing fits and being a whiner. It has been driving me crazy. Not to mention the house is a mess which makes it worse. Sometimes I am always thinking I cannot wait until he is older and stops these little fits he has over nothing. I think for a boy he is extra emotional and clingy. I always think how when he starts school it will be a stress free life. But now I will keep those posts in mind and try and enjoy him while he is still little. He can be really sweet most of the time and like to give hugs and kisses which will change when he gets older!

Closed Thread