It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

beautiful mama HB User
Dealing w/the terrible two's????HELP

I'm almost wondering if my son's behavoir is even normal behavior of the terrible 2's. I noticed at 18 months old that he was head-butting everything in sight including me and anything hard. I was scared and almost put a helmet on him. Now he will spaz out for no apparent reason. He will scream really loud, kick his feet, hit his face, and bite his fingers. He will even hit me. He just turned 2 a couple weeks ago and it just keeps getting worse. He also really spazes out when my husband and I are in the same room together. I wonder if he is jealous because be thinks the attention is being taken away from him. We r starting to enforce time out now. Im about to put him in daycare for the1st time ever and im afraid they r going to kick him out the very 1st week? Any experienced mommy's advice will be helpful!!!

Old 06-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User
Re: Dealing w/the terrible two's????HELP

Sounds like he may be frustrated. How is is language? Is he able to communicate his feelings? Try helping to give him the words to express his anger. Anger is normal try and validate it. I did not give time outs until my son was 2.5. I did not think they were effecive until he was doing things wrong when he knew he was not supposed to do them. Like looking at me and then hitting the dog or me. At 2 my son acted out more out of frustration rather than pure defiance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
(female)

beautiful mama HB User
Re: Dealing w/the terrible two's????HELP

Hey Rouge! His speech is delayed just a liitle in my opinion. I plan on getting it checked. Do u think I should hold off on the time out. I always heard children act out because they can't communicate properly. He does get frustrated. But out of nowhere he will spaz out even w/o being told no. And 2 seconds later he will be just fine. He was diagnosed w/epilepsy as a newborn. He has outgrown it now. He was 6 weeks early and had respitory problems. It is hard to tell if it is normal 2 yr old behavior or a serious mental disorder. At one time I thought he was autistic, but he is smart. He already knows his colors, shapes, and some numbers and letters. I will ask him to point to the stars or point to certain things and he will. Maybe u r right. I will keep working w/vocalizing. Since he was premature, he might just be a liitle behind other children. anyways....Thanks for responding!

Closed Thread