It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

nopeace HB User
Question still not potty trained at 5

all of my kids are and were potty trained at the appropriate age. my issue is with a child i babysit for. he's 5 and would prefer to pee all over himself and walk around in it rather than tell anyone. i do not agree with the tactics his mother is using and they are obviously not working. i tried in the beginning and his mother thwarted all progress. i have remained silent somewhat up to now, but ive reached my wits end. what can i do to remedy this situation without sounding judgmental. did i mention the mother and i are part of the same extended family. please, any advice or point of view are welcomed.

Last edited by nopeace; 06-20-2006 at 10:11 AM.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
(female)

dorothys HB User
Re: still not potty trained at 5

That's a tough one since you are basically family. But if it was me I would have to tell them that I couldn't babysit anymore until he is potty trained. He will have to be out of diapers in order to start kindergarten anyway, so they might as well get it done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
(female)

nopeace HB User
Re: still not potty trained at 5

thanks for your input. bringing up the issue of kindergarten got me thinking. and i realized that the school will be calling me when an accident does happen. i will be the one to go through the humility of it all. his mom works out of town and hard to reach. i feel for the child and i really dont want to turn my back. tried to bring up issue with his mom again and it goes right over her head. the same day we were having the conversation, she went right in the bathroom with him at my house to secretly clean him up. i guess i wasnt suposed to know what was really going on in there. all i know is that the kid will never learn as long as she totally ignors the issue

Closed Thread