It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
should I let my dd go on vacation with my dh

My dh wants to take my 3 y. old dd for 3 days to different city to see his uncle who is in a bad health. My husband will go with his brother and mother in low. He can normally handle dd. I wonder if I should go with them. On one hand I will have good rest and do things at home I want to do for a long time, on the other hand I think she would miss me and it would be hard on dh to handle her alone.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: should I let my dd go on vacation with my dh

It would be best to go with your DH and DD. This is a time for the family to be together, support each other, etc. A 3 year old is too young to be whisked away from surroundings without mommy.

You can find another time to take a rest and do things you want to do.

Last edited by Misty800; 06-21-2006 at 11:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

I feel the complete opposite. I think it would be good for your DH to take sole duty for 3 days. She can live without her mom for 3 days. It would be good for some father/daughter bonding. And he won't be totally alone as he will be with his mom and brother. You deserve a break. And if your DH is up to it...I say let him do it.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
(female)

jeni4williams HB User

First of all, I'm new to this group and I don't know what dh and dd and dq mean - help! Secondly, I don't believe it's ok for a 3 yr old to go anywhere without at least one parent that is completely trusted. A 3 yr old doesn't have the vocabulary to say if something went "wrong" or if something "bad" happened. I also think that 3 days is too long. Think how exhausted little kids are with just one day of a big event. They need to be able to return to home base and cuddle with Mommy. As far as the family support thought goes, she's too young to grasp it. On the other hand, if someone is ill, a 3 yr old may be just the right kind of relief from the problems of the world - children "lighten" things up. But if your 3 yr old gets tired and gets grumpy, will it be a burden for the other adults around? Just some thoughts.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
(female)

tamara29 HB User

To be honest, I have a hard time letting my three year old go anywhere without me. We are really attached, because my husband is gone most nights during the week. A year ago, I wouldn't even have considered leaving her for that length of time, but, lately, I'm finding a need a break, and if DH wasn't having problems right now, I would let him take her some place for three days to visit. I would definately have a hard time if it was any longer than that.

But, I have to disagree with the poster who said a three year old doesn't have the vocabulary to tell when something goes wrong. If something happens at the babysitter during the day, my daughter can and will tell me all about it. Or, if we are at the playground and someone is mean to her or something happens, she tells me, too. I definately think she's old enough to tell you if something were to happen. Besides, she's going with her father, not a stranger or just any family member.

Besides

Old 06-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

dd -dear daughter
dh -dear husband
ds - dear son

My husband can do anything around my daughter same way as I do since her birth. My mother in low coming to help once a week since she was born. I can trust that they can handle her.

Closed Thread