It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
having HUGEEEEE problems with 3 yr old peeing!

my best friends 3 and a half yr old was potty trained the last 5 months or so with no accidents and he was doing so well except for today!! he has peed his pants 6 times today already! he just did it again 5 mins. ago. nothing has really changed to make him do this it is just all of a sudden. he has cried and does know he is doing something he shouldnt but it hasnt stopped him. This being their first child they dont know what to do. i have suggested giving him the pull ups again but she said she doesnt want to do that in case it puts him back to square one.also i dont think it will having kids of my own...perhaps limiting the amount he drinks as he does drink a fair amount but to this point he was able to control himself. but she is just wondering why all of a sudden for no reason this is happening. any suggestions???

Old 07-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Inactive

paperdoll HB User
Re: having HUGEEEEE problems with 3 yr old peeing!

hi hayley
ok 2 possibilities--
i'm a nanny, so that's how i know these things, btw...not a parent yet--
1. if he has a uti, they'll avoid the bathroom, hold it in, b/c they assoc the bathroom w/ the pain of peeing-- then event they lose control. if he's crying when he pees, this is likely the case. esp if he's been going swimming lately, can cause uti's
2. sometimes children, esp around 5-6, will go thru a phase when they just hold it in a lot and have accidents b/c they're just so busy having fun and doing stuff, and this will usually start at a time in their life when a new activity starts--like you get a new trampoline in the backyard, and the same day your 5 year old wets his pants for the first time in forever. b/c no way was he going to take a break, just kept putting it off. but this usually won't happen repeatedly in one day.

these bathroom prob's usually aren't psychological, usually either physical, or just a behavioral issue of some sort---anyhow good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread