It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
(female)

nameisabby30 HB User
As a parent how would you feel?

Today was my daughters 1 year bday.Tomorrow is my sil son bday.They are 22 hrs apart.Here's the problem.We had our daughters birthday today,just me,hubby,and our 2 other kids.Mil calls up tonight at 7:30 pm to say happy birthday to "her granddaughter."Sil calls today at 2:30 to say "happy birthday."SIL told hubby that she was throwing her son a bd party at mil house on Sunday.The reason at MIL is because that's when my hubby's dad will be home as well as the great gramas and great aunts and uncles.We have 3 kids and SIL has 1.What is bothering me,and in some ways I feel jealous,hurt,betrayed,is the fact that MIL has 2 grandchildren 22hrs apart.Wouldn't you think that MIL would say to SIL,that seeing that the whole family will be present for her sons bday to perhaps ask me or hubby if we would like to have a shared party for both considering they both have the same grandparents?{make sense??}Rather than asking us to come to her sons bday party?I think it's rude,selfish.My hubby doesn't want to go because he said he doesn't want to see me mad or feel left out.I told him it's not about me,but rather our daughter will be the one left out.

I am just so mad right now at MIL and SIL.i really wonder if they have thought what they have created now?I just can't figure why she wouldn't have the balls to not ask us if we wanted to share because of family being there?But to invite us to hubby's mom and dads?and his mom not even think?UGGGHHH!!

I'm sorry to vent but what would you do and what do you think ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User
Re: As a parent how would you feel?

I hate to say this but it doesn't sound like this is about your daughter so much as it is about you. What kept you from calling SIL and bringing up the idea of a joint birthday? I think it's kind of a loaded situation to sit back and expect her to bring up the subject and be hurt when she doesn't. Why did you not plan a big birthday for your little one when it meant this much to you? I gather that you had all of the same info that SIL did on when FIL would be back in town. You had the option to plan a party then.
MIL and SIL both called to wish your little one a happy birthday so it looks like it boils down to lack of planning and jealousy to me. Sorry

Old 07-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User
Re: As a parent how would you feel?

I agree with Mommyof4. How come you didn't plan a family party for your DD 1st birthday? Maybe they felt hurt and left out that you celebrated without them. We just had a party for my son's first bday. I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't invite both sets of grandparents, aunts and uncles. Now you expect them to include your daughter with their plans. I don't blame them. I thingk you should be happy your even invited. I say go to the party and suggest next year having a party together since their bdays are so close.

Closed Thread