It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

nancy79 HB User
Children and drugs

Hello all, I have a baby boy, age 4 and as he gets older I worry about the temptations life will bring him, drugs to be specific. My family has a history of drug abuse and I'm worried my son will be the same way. I was wondering if there was anything I could start doing now that may change my his fate. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

lovednlonely HB User
Re: Children and drugs

worry about the temptations life will bring him, drugs to be specific.
hi
drugs are always going to be a temptation in this socioty, and it will always be hard to protect your son from them, the way i stayed away from drugs was learning about the damages they can cause, i would say your child is to young now to even try and explain drugs too, but as he starts becoming awear of them sit him down or even look on the internet with him and explain drugs are dangerous thats why there eligal, but if i was you give your mind a break he is far to young, and just because your family have a past of drug abuse dount mean your boy will, im sure what im saying makes no sence and im sure your not the only mother worried bout the same thing your not alone and im sure when the time is right to talk about it with him you will know
all the best to you and your child

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
(female)

jessejomomma HB User
Re: Children and drugs

I also worry about my children using drugs. I never have used drugs. I tried pot once in my entire life and hated it. I have never tried anything else, nor would I ever, I just don't understand the appeal. The good thing with that is that I can tell them that I never did it, so why should they? The bad thing is that I couldn't be able to recognize it if I needed to. I also wouldn't know how to explain it to them either. But you don't need to worry about it just yet. Be prepared for that day to come though, because more than likely, it will. I think it does for all parents. My family was somewhat lucky, if you can call it that, because our stepparent was a drug addict for years and years and we hated what it did to him and our family.

Closed Thread