It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User
Large BMs

Sorry in advance for the subject matter.

My b/f's son, who is only 10, keeps clogging our toilet. At first I
thought he was just using too much TP but he assured me it's the poop not the paper. He also has this problem at his mother's house. She told me
his poop can be 3 inches round and over a foot long. The wierd thing
is that I have a friend with a young son and a nephew who poop like this too. My brother had to install a super flusher toilet bowl. None of these children are overweight. My b/f thinks it's because kids these days eat
too much fast food, spend hours playing computer games and don't get
any exercise.

Any other parent's out there with this problem?

Old 08-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
(male)

MarkTS HB User
Re: Large BMs

My older brother was this way too and he hardly ever ate junk foods and such. He played baseball, football, soccer and basketball between middle and high school. He was the high schools lead wide receiver and the basketball teams power forward in all four years of high school. Beyond that he even played little league outside of that. I still couldn't believe he played all those sports and still got all As in all honor classes but what can I say. So we are talking about a kid who was always and I mean always involved in sports who couldn't afford to eat junk food nor did he want too. What meats and such he did eat he burned off so fast. I don't seem to have this problem but I also don't have his sports talents either. Granted I played basketball on the same team as him as a freshman while he was a senior but he was just really really good compared to me. After he moved out I have no clue if he no longer had these problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

apparently it's healthy to have big BMs because it means you're getting rid of everything. maybe the child has a lot of fibre in his diet, this can make the BMs larger. also - is he one of those kids who only goes every two or three days? because that would make them bigger too.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Willapp HB User

Yeah I think the issue here is frequency. I had a similar problem when I was younger (but no blocked toilets luckily), because for some reason I didn't like going "number 2", so I used to hold off as long as possible and only went every 2 or 3 days.

I'll bet this is the problem as I can't see any other reason why they could be so large. I make a point of going more regularly now and don't have anywhere near the same sized BMs as before.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Lynn, I also expect that it is a frequency issue more than anything else.

If it is uncomfortable for him to pass such large stools, you might give him a stool softener like Colace (not a laxative, but a stool softener). If in doubt, check with his pediatrician.

Closed Thread