It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 AM   #1
(female)

Thanksgiving HB User
My Mom needs some help here.....

My mom and Dad had raised my 2 great- niece 3 and nephew almost 5. The problem is the nephew will not poop in the toilet in fact he will go somewhere and hold it for the longest time they had him to the doctors cause he was backed up from all that holding for months the doctor said something about the muscle will soon be damaged well to me he is just plain lazy to go.

well everytime we catch him holding it we send him to the toilet and he will put a little turd in it and then when he gets up from it he will poop in in pants this has been going on for quite some time now and it is at the point where none of us can stand it anymore.

does anyone have the same problem with there child doing this?????

Have any suggestions to what else my mom can do to get him to stop going in him pants????? believe me we all told her what we did with our kids but we never had this problem to what she is dealing with..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

crisma HB User
Re: My Mom needs some help here.....

My oldest son did this when he was small. His doctor suggested that I give him mineral oil. It made him poop and it was soft, so it basically just slid out of him. The mineral oil doesn't taste bad, but it isn't the easiest thing to swallow. I would give him 2 teaspoons mixed with orange juice once a day, and in no time at all, once he realized it wouldn't hurt him to poop, he was going with no problems. Good luck! I hope she can find something that works for him!

Cristie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 05:10 AM   #3
(female)

Thanksgiving HB User

Hi Crisma,

The doctor also recommended mineral oil to give him but he still will not go to the bathroom he will go in his pants.

she is at the point now where she will make him sit on the pot till he goes and if he doesn't then puts him in time out. as soon as he gets to the time out he poops in in clean pants then she starts the proceedure all over again.

this whole thing is getting very frusterating for us all. I will make my point to him when I take his little sister with me to the store she is 3 and she is doing really good so far.

we just don't know what else to do.....

Old 08-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

Try a token system. Make a chart and when he poops in the potty he gets a sticker. Once he has 5 he gets a special toy. If he poops in his pants he gets a sticker taken away.

Closed Thread