It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

brattyvirgo HB User
Talking 18 month old shirt problems

hey my name is amy and i am new here i was just wondering my friend has a 18 month old little girl for the past couple of months she has been visting her father everyother week... now here is the problem EVERYTIME someone goes to take he shirt off she will hold it down and start to cry... is this normal or is something going on at her fathers house that she don't like... she is fine to take her shirt off during bath time ( cause she loves to take a bath) but all the other time she hates it, we r not hurting her when we take it off cause when this started she tryed everything... i am not blaming her father (even though i don't like him) but why did this happen all of a sudden... another thing her father and her mother don't get along so they drop carlie (the baby) off at the police station and carlie does not want to go to them she will cry and just grab on to u so tight and we showed the police officers that she don't want to go to them so we have it recorded so that the courts know but they just don't care... i was thinking something little like fighting can cause a little difference in behavior... i told ashley to talk to the babies doctor about he shirt thing but she has not got to it yet... has anyone had this problem before or know something that will help thank you

Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Altson HB User
Re: 18 month old shirt problems

Sounds like a normal phase to me, but the mother should have the Dr. check her if she's going to stress about it. My 18 month old is currently going through her shoe phase. She wants a shoe on at ALL times, even if it's only one, and heaven forbid anyone try and take it off. My other kids have gone through the same phases.

I do believe thought that the baby is picking up on the tension surrounding the times she has to go and visit her Father. BOTH parents should be making this a positive time for her and putting their own feelings aside for the sake of their daughter. Also, in my opinion, there shouldn't be any friends involved during the pick up and drop off time either. If it's so bad that you have to go to the Police station, then some adult/parenting counseling may be a good option for the Mom and Dad to consider. You'd be a better friend for suggesting that sort of thing, than planting seeds of doubt because an 18 month old doesn't want to take her shirt off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread