It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
(female)

kendram HB User
could my daughter be hitting puberty?

I have an 8 year old daughter that will be 9 on Dec. 1. She has been really emotional the past few months and nothing has changed around here that could be causing it. She gets her feelings hurt very easily and gets stressed out over things she shouldn't get so stressed over. I have noticed that over the summer, her hips have started to round out and her thighs have gotten thicker. She already has sprouted a small bust, but not in a bra yet unless the shirt is really thin. I started at 12 but I am beginning to wonder when she will. Is there anyway to tell how close she is? She will fly off in a rage sometimes over nothing. Today she started crying because I told her to get her homework done, that's all it took to upset her. Are her hormones already raging enough to cause this uproar with her? She is my oldest and I don't know what to expect, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kendra

Old 09-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #2
(female)

lilsad1 HB User
Re: could my daughter be hitting puberty?

Hey there,Reading your post just now really sounded like you know my daughter...lol...I would say most definately she is in the begginings of puberty.My daughter at 10 and a half just out of the blue started going off on me and her dad for the smallest thing.She would be angry one minute and then crying the next.I tried everything I knew to make sense of it untill my mom suggested maybe it was hormones.I didnt want to even think about that yet! But it was a nightmare here for six months me and her dad felt like we were having to tip toe around her not to set her off.Her dad has always had a close relationship with her always kidding each other and teasing one another.Now if he would tease her she would run off crying to her room.It was very hard for her dad to except.She also started wearing a bra for the first time two months ago and her hips became much fuller and rounder around the time she went nuts on us ...lol..Then one month ago she started her first period.She since then I have noticed has somewhat calmed down some.She still gets over emotional over small things and angry at other times but I have seen a difference lately for the better.I hope it keeps getting better as time goes on.Even though your daughter is only turning 9 it still could very much be puberty.Just my opinion though...Good luck it does get better!!! lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
(female)

InsaneMom HB User

My dd is almost 12 and her dr told me that normally about a year after they start growing "breast buds" they will start their period. So I would say you are in the middle of puberty. I know my dd has gotten this attitude and is yelling at everyone and crying about stuff she used to never cry about. Good luck!

Old 09-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
(female)

kendram HB User

Thanks for your relpies, I just had to ask that question and now that I have read your replies, I am scared to death!! I don't want to deal with the period yet!! She knows what one is but my goodness, she is only 8!! She has had little "boobies" for about a year now but they just popped out one day and seemed to have quit growing the last few months. But she is an emotional roller coaster!! What in the world will I do if she starts this young? I will have to deal with it, I guess. If this has come about so early, then when should I talk to her about sex and how babies are made? I honestly think she knows more than I think she does. I am freaking out, I am too young myself to be doing this!! I am only 27 and I am still learning about life myself!! She has really been bad the past few days and she is just like me at that time (if it is her time) she can't stay out of the candy and sweets!! I swear, I gain 5 pounds the week before mine!! Thanks for letting me vent here. All my friends have boys, and my mother in law has all boys, so here is the only place I can ask about raising a girl and helping her through this!! Any advice will be welcomed!! Thanks, Kendra

Closed Thread