It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
helping kids to unwind after a busy day in school and extras afterwards

i am asking htis for my daughter. her son just started first grade, is playing flag football and has religious classes one night a week. her daughter who is 4 just started pre-k 3 mornings a week. with all the excitement between school which they both love thansk God, and the things going on at night 3 nights a week they are not home and done everything until around 8:00. both kids are having a hard time unwinding to fall asleep and then are tired in the morning. any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Karen W. HB User
Re: helping kids to unwind after a busy day in school and extras afterwards

Hi,

A bath beofre bed is good, it relaxes them, It helps my son allot, after his bath, he gets a snack and juice or milk, Then off to bed he goes.
Good Louk, Karen W.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

angelique5 HB User

the bath is a great idea (and Lavendar helps relax...there are many childrens lavendar soaps, like johnson and johnsons.... lotions too)

MILK... for the life of me I can't remember the chemical thats in it (trypto..something, it's in turkey too), but it makes us sleepy. Nice glass of warm milk, with a teaspoon of sugar always put me to sleep as a kid!

Ever wonder why everyone wants to fall asleep on your sofa after the big turkey dinner on Thanksgiving..... know ya know! lol

Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User

I think having a routine that is calm and not rushed is helpful. Perhaps dropping some of the activities for a while. Soothing music along with the bath and warm milk that others have suggested is a good idea, slows everyone's heartbeat. Reading a bedtime story, one without any excitement is another suggestion. This may help your daughter to relax too.
Good luck to your family,
Maya

Old 10-02-2006, 03:58 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

hi moms---- thanks for the ideas. being their grandmother i just want to go ove rand rock them both LOL. my daughter does try to keep everything calm and quiet when they get home. even dim the lights. i suggested the warm milk which helps me as an adult but i think with the addition of the lavender bath and a quiet bedtime story that might just work. i will pass it on. thanks

Closed Thread