It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
(female)

lovingmotherof2 HB User
son got in to my depression pills sat, now im worried

i laid him down for his nap and i also went to sleep , he just started to learn how to open the door and while i was sleeping he did and somehow opened my pill bottle and when my husband came home, it was about 530 and he said hey why r these pills on the desk, i was like oh my god. looked and i saw all of them laying there i was so scared, i tried to wake my son up it took me over an hour just to get him up then when he got up me and my husband was watching him to make sure and we knew he did, he acted like he was drunk and drank 4 big 9 oz glasses or apple juice before i even got him into the car, took him to the hospital all is well thank god. if anything every happened to him i would lose it especially over something that i feel was my fault
but know as im still so worried my friends have given me something else to worry about
is dhr going to get involved if they do how

Old 11-02-2006, 04:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: son got in to my depression pills sat, now im worried

Hi I am glad your son is alright......
As far as if the ER doctor will get involved well I believe anything like this or cut and bruised up kids (regardless of how it happened) they have to make note of it.I can't say weather a social worker will be at your door or not but probably a possibility.Try not to beat yourself up too much it was an accident of course you did'nt think your son would get a hold of your pills.I would sugesst putting your pills higher up though.I put all over the counter pain pills,medications in a basket on top of my refridgerator and hey for some kids thats still not high enough some can climb like mountain climbers .You may even want to get you a small lock box and lock your medication up in that and put it up high on a shelf or something.I would do this asap for the saftey of the child of course and since you may be getting a visit.Also I would talk to the child about how important it is to never ever touch pills or pill bottles.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread