It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

freelander HB User
How??

Please can anyone help?

My 9yr old spoilt Daughter (yes i admit it shes an only child and we spoilt her) is driving us crazy.

She will not go to bed at the time she should at night without stalling, then moaning, then usually making up something that makes her cry. And gets me wound up too!!

She contantly answers back, is rude to me and her Dad, (not anyone else) and does it in front of people too which is highly embarrassing. Ive tried taking her things away eg computer DS etc, that works for abt a day. Now what im doing is NOT giving her an inch, everytime she goes to cheek me i stop her dead in her tracks and remind her of whats coming out of her mouth, this is stopping her a bit, but its like she just doesnt realise shes doing it because shes gotten away with it so long. Im just not putting up with it anymore, any suggestions, im tired and upset with this HELP (((

Old 11-28-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: How??

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelander
Now what im doing is NOT giving her an inch, everytime she goes to cheek me i stop her dead in her tracks and remind her of whats coming out of her mouth, this is stopping her a bit, but its like she just doesnt realise shes doing it because shes gotten away with it so long. Im just not putting up with it anymore,
Freelander, this sounds like an excellent way to deal with it! My daughter is almost 8 and I do the same thing to stop any rudeness, etc. Stick with it, I think that it will work and then decrease and stop. You are making her realize it now, good work!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

Sounds like you are dealing with it well. Just stay consistent. I learned with my 10 year old that sometimes she gets particularly whiny/fussy/stubborn for attention. Children will seek out any type of attention they can get, even if it is negative attention. I make sure to take time apart to spend just with her if she is acting up a bit, and it makes a HUGE difference. I leave her little sister with her dad and take her out for ice cream or to the park-just the two of us- and that keeps her happy for a while.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
(female)

Lightlife HB User

Well, I have been trying different tactics with my Daughter, and it seems to be working . Although i think its killing her lol

Everytime she starts to cheek back and starts on the tantrum trail i stop her in her tracks and remind her of whats starting to happen !! i truly believe she was so far down the road and so used to doing what she was doing she really didnt know when she WAS doing it.

But like i said since ive been stopping her in her tracks things have improved quite a bit......... Lonf may it continue, cuz it was becoming almost unbearable.

Any more suggestions would be glady accepted.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Lightlife, I really don't think that a lot of people see what they are really doing. I think that ALL people need feedback on their behavior (myself included). I like that term "cheek back". One great thing about this web site is that we Americans get to hear all of these British terms that we otherwise would never hear. I think that this is great!

Closed Thread