It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User
Potty Training - How do I get my son to poop in the potty????

HI all.

Here's the story.

Matthew - my almost 3 1/2 old is in the process of being potty trained. He's doing very very well with the Peeing aspect - we're using a choo choo potty for him.....he's a little indimidated with the big toilet.
He's doing well.........telling me when he has to go.....he's been wearing big boy underwear and it seems to be working well. WE DO put a pull up on him at night to sleep - he usually wakes up soaked - with the occasional night of dryness which is pretty rare.
This passed weekend, he held in his poop and we had to give him a suppository as well as a stool softener.......he doesn't want to go on the pottie at all....he wants us to put a pull up on him and let him go in the "family room". What makes him not want to go in the pottie - beleive it or not - he gags from the smell.......

Here are my questions.

~How do I get him to poop in his pottie again and put a stop to him pooping in the family room in his pull up?
~also, He's just learned to pee sitting down in the pottie....he does a good job of keeping dry on his pottie when he can hold down his penis.....but how do I teach him to not pee all over himself when he goes to school and he uses a little version of a real toilet? He feels he has to hold on with both hands and then pees all over himself.....

Anyone with suggestions? that worked??
thanks a million!

Old 12-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Re: Potty Training - How do I get my son to poop in the potty????

I don't know stuff which are specific for boys, I have only one dd which will be 4 next month.
If I put pull-up on her she would never go to potty. It is a signal for her to do it in pull-up.
First thing don't put pull-up at home, only at night. Training pants are very sick and act as a pull-up. I got her real scinny underwear from Hanes so she really feels it.
We worked together with daycare provider, she was a main person who toilet trained her. Whenever we told her that dd pi in her pants she was panished next day at daycare, she had timeout for 20 min.
Daycare person should teach him to do it right at daycare.
Another thing I do is read to her potty training books for kids so she has an idea, you can get them on the internet or any big bookstore.
My dd just recently potty trained, now she moved to toilet with little sit ( at daycare she does it without). Our daycare person wants us to stop any pull-ups at all, but we still put them when she goes out and at night which may be wrong.
Your kindergattern people should be one who teach him, you just learn from them and work in cooperation with them. It is not right if they are not doing it, cause they are professionals (supposedly).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread