It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
seperating from my baby

I am so upset! First of all I hate my job! However there is too much relying on my job to quit. I get weekends off, good benefits, insurance and 2 loans come directly out of my check. I have tried to get other jobs but I am just not qualified. The problems at work have gotten so bad that it affects my health. I pleaded to my husband whom in the past I have carried when he was on unemployment and was off of work for 2 different surgeries. He had 2 jobs at one time and whined about one of the jobs for the same reasons I had problems with mine and he quit. I however was told by him when I complained that "it can't be that bad!". I felt like my feelings didn't matter! I would quit but it would affect all of us and I can't do it without his approval because he would have to get a 2nd job to pick up the slack. I have hinted around and he still won't budge! I have to go back to work in about 2 weeks and I cry almost everyday when I think about leaving my baby! I have forced myself too go to work for the past 2 years but having my baby now makes it all that much harder! I find myself getting frustrated with my husband and I feel disconnected emotionally from him. How do I push myself to go to work for my baby's sake? Any tricks to getting over the blues when I have to leave my baby? I feel like I am abandoning him! I hope this was the right area to post this because it's sort of a relationship/parenting question.

Last edited by alleycat2; 12-10-2006 at 04:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: seperating from my baby

Oh Alleycat-
It's hard enough to go back to work and leave your baby when you like your job. I struggled with that for so long, and I really did like the job I had at the time. I know it must be frustrating knowing you have to go back to a job that you dislike. It sounds like you husband maybe isn't really taking your true feelings into consideration. It also sounds like you have already tried to talk with him about this openly and honestly.

I don't know the answer to your problem, but I would ask this- is there any way you could work things out with your employer to maybe work part of your hours at the office, and then part of them at home? I don't know what line of work you are in, but some employers are willing to work a flexible hours plan out with new moms. This is the only thing I can come up with, I'm sorry if it's grasping at straws.

I do wish you the very best sweetie. It sounds like you are a good mommie who really wants to do the best thing for your baby. No one can fault you for the way you are feeling right now.

You could also do a job search through your local Employment Security Commission at home on-line. My sister did this, and they allow you to apply on-line, so you don't actually miss work while going place to place to apply. You just miss time when you are called for an interview. Might be another option for you as well?

Last edited by ozzybug; 12-11-2006 at 06:31 AM.

Closed Thread