It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

mumof3at21 HB User
Help on discipline

I have a 2.5 yr old daughter and a 1.5 yr old son and now a newborn son too but the older 2 fight and argue like mad, and i get very stressed. I have tried all sorts to calm them both down and sort out their behaviour and nothing seems to work. They are just really stubborn. I have even tried time out, but they don't seem bothered with it. What can I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Help on discipline

Mum, you have your hands full! Sibling rivalry is usually the children fighting for the love of the parents. The children never think that there is enough love and attention to go around and they get jealous of each other over it and fight. Finding the time to give each one individual attention might help. When you are trying to sort out their fights you are giving them the attention that they crave from you. Children will take negative attention. In their view it is still attention. From your view it will drive you nuts! If you take the lead and direct things that are constructive and positive they will respond accordingly. If you leave it to the children to take the lead you might get what you are having to deal with now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

My dh will enroll me to pep program which are seminars for parents. I went to couple, they didn't do miracles but I found something helpful and they provide babysitting during session.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

YOu do have your hands full, don't you?

Please understand that this is VERY normal behavior. Your children aren't bad; they are normal.

I think it would be helpful to ask at your local surgery about some parenting classes. I believe (I hope I'm right) that the NHS offers them - if not, they can put you in contact with someone who does.

Good luck and God Bless!

Closed Thread