It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
potty training problem

My almost 4 y.old going to toilet at the daytime and diaper at night. Yesterday we were invited to Christmas party and she pied on the floor of somebody's house. I was very embarassed. What to do now, put diaper on her to avoid this kind of accidents but with diaper she will never go to toilet

Old 12-26-2006, 04:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: potty training problem

Hey Gal-
I know you were embarassed, but swettie, kids have accidents, especially when there is excitement around.

Now, this is only my opinion, but I absolutely would not put that diaper back on your daugther during the day as it would only be a step backwards in her potty training.

My duaghter was a very easy one to potty train, but she did have a problem with peeing on herself whenever she was at someone else's house. I don't know if it was because she was in a different surrounding, or just because she was having too much fun to stop and let me know she had to use the bathroom. I started taking an extra change of clothes and undies for her when we were visiting people. I would also show her where the bathroom was as soon as we got to whoever's house we were visiting and told her that she needed to be really aware of when she felt like she needed to use it.

It did seem to help showing her where the potty was at other people's house as soon as we got there, because sometimes she would tell me that she had to go right then. The extra change of clothes helps in case there is an accident too.

Good Luck, I know it's frustrating, but kids tend to potty train in their own good time. My son was almost 4 before he was potty trained, and even then he had trouble with doing bowel movments in the toilet for some reason.

Take care and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Galinaqt, I agree with Ozzybug, it was just an accident and most likely from the excitement, she was distracted and didn't realize until it was too late that she had to go to the bathroom, or it was just unfamiliar surroundings. Showing her the bathroom at an unfamiliar house is a good idea. I also used to check in a few times and ask if she has to use the bathroom.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Thank you for ideas. I am agree that I should show her the bathroom in somebody's house and ask her if she wants to go, but at the same time I can't allow her to pi on a floor or sofa in somebody's else house and think that I should put diaper on for special occasions.
During holiday season we went to three different houses and each time she did it. One time I put diaper on so she did it in the diaper.

Closed Thread