It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Son is covered in stretch marks help!!!

My 12 yr old sons back is COVERED in stretch marks!! i mean lots. We took him to the Dr. and he said he is just growing! He has not one bit of fat on his body!he is normal height and weight but i am very concerned for when he gets older if these dont fade. they are now starting to go onto his sides! he hasnt grown that much lately no more so than my other kids.is there any creams that can help or is this just normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User
Re: Son is covered in stretch marks help!!!

My husband has stretch marks across his lower back. His mom said he got them after a pretty big growth spurt when he was in 6th or 7th grade. They are really not that noticeable. You can get cream for pregnancy stretch marks at maternity stores- maybe that will help a little. Unfortunately, as we women know, they never go away completely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

cbpllane HB User

There is a great oil made by Clarins (most department stores carry this brand). It smells sort of weird, not bad, just weird. I used it only at night. It is specifically for stretch marks. I gained over 60 pounds and then went back to my prepregnancy weight with each of my pregancies and used this oil all over my belly and ended up with only one stretch mark on my rear. I also used it on that one after I found it and it faded it to the point of not being able to see it. Hope this helps.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
(female)

plainjayne HB User

i have a friend who is now 23 and he has bad stretchmarks on his back and when i say bad i mean BAD he looks like he has been whipped and one is about 2 inches wide and goes right across his back. he cant take his shirt off without people saying ouch and asking if he had been attacked and he finds it really funny, i think he is quite proud of his stretchmarks now!!

Closed Thread