It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
big potty training set back

My 4 y old was using toilet at daycare and started using potty at home. She did both pi and poo on potty. Than we took potty away and she used toilet with small sit but she only pi there. She had diaper at night.
Than we decided to take away diaper at all.
Suddenly she doesn't want to use toilet/potty at home at all and does everything in her pants. We checked her with a doctor and she said that her vagina is fine and she has power struggle.
I don't know what to do anymore.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User
Re: big potty training set back

What I would suggest is setting a timer to go off every hour. When the buzzer rings put her on the potty/toilet and have her sit there for five minutes. Read her a book or something to keep her calm and there. If she has to go she will in the five minutes. If she wets/messes her pants make her change in and out of them. My dd hated touching her wet clothes after she peed herself so this helped us.

Whatever you do DO NOT give her the diaper or a pull up back. This is a power struggle and if you give her any wiggle room it will only get worse. Be consistent with a timer and let her know you mean business. If you are consistent it will pay off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Today she was trying to sit on a potty, it was her initiative but then she started telling me that her vagina hurts her, she started touching it and asked me to give her cream.
I don't see anything extraordianry, but my dh thinks that 'cause she had wet diaper for too long (overnight) it hurts her.
Do you think I should check her at her doctor?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

Does it look red and rashy? If that is the case your husband is probably right and it is from a wet diaper. I would put cream on it. The only way to get around this is to not put her in one. I know it's messy, but it is the most effective way.

Does it hurt when she is "going"? If that is the case she could have a urinary tract infection. It's unlikely, but possible. She would have to see the doctor for that because she would need antibiotics to get rid of it. I use to get them all the time when I was younger. They are uncomfortable. If you are unsure it is a good idea to get her looked at just to be on the safe side.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Doctor told me to give her a bath with a little bit white vinegar and if it doesn't help bring her for test.

Closed Thread