It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

stacie07 HB User
Red face 4 yr old pooping and peeing in bedroom????

Hi my name is stacie. i have a 4 yr old that has been pooping and peeing in his bedroom and wipeing it on his clean clothes. Why does he do this? please help thank you
stacie

Old 02-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: 4 yr old pooping and peeing in bedroom????

This is something that you should discuss with your peditrician.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

If he was using the toilet before, and this is a new behavior, then it sounds like a control issue or power struggle to me.

My 5 year old went through a similar phase when he was 4 (not quite as bad though.) He would pee in his pants or his bed when he had been in trouble for something. And a few times, he pooped in his pants when I told him he couldn't do something that he wanted to do. It was absolutely infuriating. I started to pay attention to what was going on when these things would occur, and realized that I was being too controlling with him.

I think age 4 is when kids are naturally starting to assert some independence, and it can be hard to let them do what they want. So I found some areas that I could let him make his own choices, by giving him options that he could choose from. For example, instead of just giving him what I wanted him to eat for breakfast, I would let him choose between 2 things that I wouldn't mind if he ate. I would give him choices so he felt that he was making the decisions, but I was giving him "mom-approved" options, not just letting him have free-reign.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

I have struggle with my 4 year old with toilet training. She is going to daycare and according to provider she is fine there. I suggest you to take it gradually. Our still have big kid pants at night and when we go places. I promised her a toy if she pee in the toilet, she started doing it. I promised her toy if she poo in the toilet, she did that. Next landmark - no wet diapers whatsoever. I took her to toys r us and buy toy of her choice. She told everybody in the cashier line that momy buying her toy 'cause she pi in the potty. I also told her that pull-ups cost a lot of money and I can buy her lot of toys in this nice store instead of buying diapers.
If your kid goes to daycare you should work with provider on it. Our provider gave her time-out if she didn't use potty. First start with potty not toilet.
Our pediatritian just told us that she is having power struggle and when she learn she learn. May be we have a bad one.

Closed Thread