It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
4 year old doesn't want to go to gymnastic

My 4 year old is going to gymnastic Friday everning which is from 4 to 4.30. On Sunday morning she goes to swimming.
Today she doesn't want to go to gymnastic, she said that she is not feeling good, which I don't believe is true.
My dh changed her and took there, and she did most of the stuff.
Can be timing (end of the day) wrong?
Normally she likes sports activities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sem627 HB User
Re: 4 year old doesn't want to go to gymnastic

I wouldn't get too worried about her saying it one time. Give her a couple more times and then see what she says. Maybe gymnastics isn't her thing right now. Like I said, she said it once...wait and see.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Kids can be weird sometimes - they'll say no when they mean yes, and vice-versa.

Also, as an aside...when you said your husband changed her, did you mean put her in her gymnastics clothes or he changed her diaper? If it's the latter, aren't children supposed to be potty-trained before the age of four?

Old 02-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

We are struggling with potty training. Doctor doesn't care when she will be potty trained, we talked about it.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Galinaqt, my daughter has dropped out of gymnastics twice and just dropped out of ballet. I don't understand it? I am not going to put forth the effort for something that she doesn't want to do though.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

My father told me, that she is a kind who doesn't want to study. Now she doesn't want gymnastic and after 1 year she wouldn't want to go to school and there is nothing I would be able to do to force her. It made me concern.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
(female)

nikki2006 HB User

Doesnt want to study? what 4 year old does!? i wouldnt worry about it nor would i waste your money on something she doesnt want to do.. how long has she been going to gymnastics? and does she normally like it? if it is the first time she has gone, id go a couple more times but if she really doesnt enjoy it, why make her?

as for her being the kind who wouldnt want to go to shcool after a year..
Most kids, at 4, they cant wait to get to school, its all the hype from other kids, they watch them go off to shcool and they want to do it too. then eventually the novelty of shcool wears off and they dont want to go anymore, it isnt really that they dont like shcool anymore just that it isnt new and exciting like when they first start, and its a pretty long day for them at shcool, they get tired too..

Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

It is kidomnastic and she is going to YMCA club where we have membership. It is not that expensive. She went for 2 months, but she missed 2 sessions. It may be the reason.
What I meant that she may say that she doesn't want to go to school when time comes and what we gonna do then.
Meanwhile we try music and basic movements class for her.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:34 AM   #9
(female)

nikki2006 HB User

if she has been happily going for 2months but missed the last 2 sessions it is probably just that shes had a break from it and is reluctant to go back, onnce she gets back inot it she will prbably enjoy it.

about school.. I have a plan in place for the "i dont want to go to shcool" thing.. i will simply be telling my son that the policeman says all chidren have to go to shcool and if mummys and daddys dont make there kids, then they can get in lots of trouble.. its not a lie, they have to go.. you could always say that, when the times comes, IF the time comes, your daughter may love school!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Galinaqt, the law says that your child has to go to school. I think that it would be crazy to force her to go to gymnastics. Give her a few more weeks and see what she wants to do.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

We switched her to music and basic movements class. May be she would of go to gymnastic as well, she changes her mind all the time. Main problem here that it is late in the day.

Closed Thread