It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

mommyfisher6128 HB User
Potty training my 2 1/2 year old

I have three girls. They range from 6 months to 2 1/2 years. My 2 1/2 year old doesn't want to make the effort to go potty on the toilet. If I push the issue, she gets worse. But some times, she will go all day until bed time using the toilet. I don't know what I can do to get her more motivated. Help me please! Diapers for three kids is killing my husband and I!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Re: Potty training my 2 1/2 year old

My dd is 4 and we still struggling with toilet training. Some parents just stop putting pull-ups and it works but not with her. She likes to be bribed. For every significant progress I take her to store and get toy. No pull-ups during day time unless you go somewhere. Read potty books to her. If she is at daycare coordinate with person there. My dd gets time-outs if we complained on her not using diaper.
May be your daughter is also late one, I don't think there is much you can do then, keep trying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

It sounds like she is just not ready. Don't sweat it. It will happen in its own good time. There really is no need to even "train". Let her see you go from time to time, talk it up once in awhile and buy her some cute undies, then let her tell you when she has to go. Believe it or not, she will let you know and she will not go to kindergarten in diapers. The average age for a child to be potty trained is around three years old anyway. Some are two and some don't go till they're four. Just hang in there and don't let it stress you out. I can also assure that no one, not even you, is going to care when she is ten, how old she was when she was potty trained!

Nancy

Old 03-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
(female)

mommyfisher6128 HB User
Smile Re: Potty training my 2 1/2 year old

My Daughter Karlie does wear the pull ups and the cute little underwear with Tinkerbell and the princesses. She doesn't do too bad. Today she even pooped in the potty. She made one heck of a mess, but she did it. I cleaned it, then praised her. She was so proud of her self, she even made me call Daddy to tell him. I think that I will buy her some potty books so help push her. I tryed the whole bribeing thing, but that didn't really work either. Well thank you for your advice. I know that its not too big of a deal if she isn't trained tommarow. But I am thinking of the money that I'll save. But I guess that I will just have to back off and let her try on her own. I know it will happen, just eventually

Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

Don't even consider the money you'll save. It'll end up going for something else and you won't even know what happened to it, LOL!

Nancy

Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
(female)

livingwithibs HB User
Lightbulb Re: Potty training my 2 1/2 year old

I know this sounds crazy but it was the only thing that worked for me. I made potty training a game. I would tell my daughter " Mama has to go potty, I bet Ill beat you to the bathroom and potty before you!" It worked!! It was fun watching her race to the toilet!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
(female)

mommyfisher6128 HB User

Yeah, I know that the money will go to something else. Probably toys or fast food. Lol. That is what Karlie loves, McDonalds! I think that a game about going potty might work. She loves to play games. And maybe since it would be something for just her and I to do with out her sisters, she might like that even more! Thanks for that, I think I'll give that a try!!! I'll have to get back to you and let you know if that works. Thank you!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #8
(female)

livingwithibs HB User

Let me know how the potty game goes! I hope she likes it and it works! Good luck!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #9
(female)

mommyfisher6128 HB User

First thing this morning when she got up we tryed the game, she just stood there and laughed at me. Haha. Then a little later, she looked at me and said I'm gonna beat ya there! And she took off in a full sprint to the bathroom. It was soooo cute! Thank you so much! She loves it, and now we got my middle daughter doing it too. Not that she actually goes, but she tryes.
Thank you so much!
Jen

Old 03-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #10
(female)

livingwithibs HB User

AWWW!!! Im glad it helped and continues to work! Arent children precious!!! Do you let her win? lol

Closed Thread