It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

almondjoy HB User
Advice Needed on 13yrold Boy

My friend's 13 yearold son has problems.

The boy spits at me, quite often...and denies it.

Tonight the boy put feces on his fingers, and ran through the house laughing, hysterically.

Any ideas of what disorder this boy is suffering from? He has many other discipline and school problems, too.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

paresse HB User
Re: Advice Needed on 13yrold Boy

This boy seems starved for attention. Has your friend brought him to the school therapist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

almondjoy HB User

The boy wets his bed every night. He failing all his 7th grade classes(has Ds and Fs on his report card)The boy argues becasue he doesn't want to do his homework. He lies and says he doesn't have any. he doesn't mind getting zeros. He is hyper, reckless, disrepectful, defiant, and lies about his behavior when confronted...then he calls the adult cuss names. He has been suspended from school 6 times, in the last three school years, for harassment, arguing, name calling, and threatening others.

This boy only cares about skateboarding, playing his guitar, and computer games.

The parent is having a conference with the teachers, today.The parent, one time took the boy to a psychologist, however, the parent is in denial, and the boy was not diagnosed with anything. I think the boy has a disorder.

Last edited by almondjoy; 03-08-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
(female)

lzing2 HB User

Wow! I can't really relate to this, I have teens but I don't deal with these kinds of issues.
I can only offer what I would do if one of our kids was like this. I would without hesitation find a program, a strict one like a boot camp/or military school for boys his age, yes it would be the toughest love one would have to hand out, but it would make him realize that respect for himself first, then his parent/parents second is neccessary..he would be thankful in the long run....These programs prove that they work on out of control teens. It does seem to me like he is crying out for something in the hugest way possible. Your friend needs to find help fast!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Almondjoy-
Goodness! I know this is angering for you. Personally, I'd have to tell my friend that her son is no longer allowed in my home. It seems as if he has no respect whatsoever for anything or anyone other than himself. This is not acceptable behavior for any child/toddler/teenager. You don't have to be rude, but obviously, this boy's mom is in denial as you said, and if she isn't going to make sure he acts appropriately in other people's homes, then she needs to understand why you won't allow him in your home. If you are good friends, you should be able to do this.

I agree with lzing too about this fella needing some sort of program for troubled teens. He also really does need counseling, because whether the first psychologist diagnosed him with anything or not, there is d*****itely something going on with this boy. He really needs major help, or things probably won't improve, and may even progress to even worse behaviors.

I know it's not easy to tell someone that their child may have problems, but if you are good friends with this boy's mom, you really need to sit her down somewhere private and have a "gentle", heart to heart talk with her about your concerns. If she is in denial, someone needs to help open her eyes.

I know this is a tough situation to be in and I wish you the best of luck.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User

I feel so bad for this boy. If he has a disorder, which it sounds like he does and the parents are in denial it isn't the boys fault. He needs help which the parents aren't providing him with! That's neglect - pure and simple.

What did the mother do when this boy was running around the house with feces on his finger? Does she ignore him? For the boys sake you need to confront the mother if you can.

If he has severe autism or ODD or something similiar he needs therapy or there's a good chance he won't be able to get through life with any degree of success.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
(female)

almondjoy HB User

Thanks for your replies and advice. I agree with everything, everyone, said.

Closed Thread