It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
(female)

im-a-wimp! HB User
please help, she just wont poo in the loo!

Hi i have a 3 year old daughter and i potty trained her 11 months ago...all went well she was peeing and pooing in the potty. But one day shortly after she pooed in her pants and now she just wont do it in the potty or loo!!!

She keeps saying ''it hurts'' or the best one is '' i just dont want too'' She will have a full on tantrum if i even try and sit her on the loo.

the thing is i know she can do it, she just wont and its making life hell..she poos in her pants at school, in the supermarket when we are walking the dog....

She knows when she needs a poo and she even tells me she wants a poo!

Can anyone help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Re: please help, she just wont poo in the loo!

My dd is 4 and we still put pull-up on her at night and when we go outside. May be that what you should do until she is comfortable to do it at home. Give her gifts for her efforts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

Let her be 3! trust me she will not be like this for much longer and its normal...u cant force her and it will just make her more resistant. She wont like the way it feels soon give it a bit longer worry when she is 7 lol

Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
(female)

nikki2006 HB User

if she was fully toiliet trained, doing both for 11 months, i would look at perhaps whats happend to make her reluctant.. i personally dont think its normal once a child is toilet trained to revert back to not wanting to go..it can sometimes means that something is bothering them.. has something changed at home? does she attend daycare? could she be worried or anxious about anything you can think of?..has she got any reason to be fearful..? and are you sure its NOT hurting her? she could be consipated..

Last edited by nikki2006; 03-13-2007 at 11:43 AM.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
(female)

gold555 HB User

My daughter was the same, i also was very anxious. My husband kept telling me to relax and that she would grow out of it in her own time, which she did....very quickly once i ceased commenting on it. She will be 5 in july....so be patient and good luck.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Can you try going back to diapers for a while and not bring up the potty anymore for a while? That way when she has an accident, it won't be such a big deal to clean up and you won't be as frustrated with her. Maybe just the idea of going back to diapers will be enough to get her to go on her own, or at the very least if you stop pushing the issue maybe she'll start to realize on her own that it's better to go in the potty than to feel it in her pants. If she says it "hurts" is she constipated or does she have a bladder infection? I would get her cheked out by the doctor to make sure there's no medical reason for it, and then put her back in diapers (maybe make a big deal about her going back to being a baby) and let her know that the potty is always there if she changes her mind and decides that she wants to be a big girl again.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #7
(female)

looneybin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by im-a-wimp! View Post
Hi i have a 3 year old daughter and i potty trained her 11 months ago...all went well she was peeing and pooing in the potty. But one day shortly after she pooed in her pants and now she just wont do it in the potty or loo!!!

She keeps saying ''it hurts'' or the best one is '' i just dont want too'' She will have a full on tantrum if i even try and sit her on the loo.

the thing is i know she can do it, she just wont and its making life hell..she poos in her pants at school, in the supermarket when we are walking the dog....

She knows when she needs a poo and she even tells me she wants a poo!

Can anyone help?
I have not read all the replies, so I apologize if I repeat anything.
I have experienced a similar situation with my youngest daughter, and a good friend had an even worse case with her son.
First, with my daughter, I bought pediatric suppositories, set the potty chair in the living room, let her run around naked, when the urge really hit, I said just sit on the potty and relax...tada! I gave her a small treat afterwards, I kept giving her little treats until they ran out and she was comfortable with the habit.
It sounds like your situation may be similar to my friends. Her son developed constipation/painful bowel movements. The pediatric G.I. doc told her to use a laxative (liquid, can't remember brand), keep him in clothes and encourage him to go on the pot, but praise him for letting his poo out. It was a frustrating process, but it worked. The key is to dimish the child's association between bowel movements and pain. It is important to make sure your child is getting plenty of fiber and fluids in her diet to keep her stools from becoming large and painful. Good luck!

Closed Thread