It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
4 year old peeing when crying

My 4 year old still not fully potty trained, but during the day she goes to the toilet with child seat and don't wear diaper.
When she is crying she always peeing in her pants.
Is it some kind of abnormalty?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
(female)

nikki2006 HB User
Re: 4 year old peeing when crying

being that she is not fully potty trained, then she may not be able to help it when she gets upset, shes so busy crying that she may not realsie she needed to go OR she may realise but is trying to get your attention.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
(female)

plainjayne HB User

it could be attention it could also be a symptom of a week bladder 4 years old is quite old to not be fully toilet trained at least during the day

Old 04-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjayne View Post
it could be attention it could also be a symptom of a week bladder 4 years old is quite old to not be fully toilet trained at least during the day
I think she can hold it under normal circumstances. I checked her and doctor said that she is fine. In my ex country it would be very old age not to be potty trained, but here doctor said it doesn't matter when.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
(female)

plainjayne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by galinaqt View Post
I think she can hold it under normal circumstances. I checked her and doctor said that she is fine. In my ex country it would be very old age not to be potty trained, but here doctor said it doesn't matter when.
are you in the usa when i have gone there i have noticed that children are talking later than i have noticed here. when mine were 2 they were pretty fluent but in the us i have seen alot of 3 year olds that just babble is that widespread or just what i have seen? america seems to be alot more different than here especially when spending time in both. i love being in america so not getting at anyone i am just interested. if she can hold it under normal circumstances maybe it is for attention or maybe she just forgets to hold it in when her mind is occupied with other things. some kids hold it in too long incase they miss something thats going on could she be holding it in too long?

Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
(female)

jessparm HB User

Well, even now, I am 26, if I laugh to hard, I feel like OMG !!!! So I think it is just that she probably gets herself so worked up, that she can't control it. Perhaps making trips to the potty every 30 minutes would help her with this. The more urine in that bladder, the fuller it is and the more difficult to hold it in during a stressful time like crying.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjayne View Post
are you in the usa when i have gone there i have noticed that children are talking later than i have noticed here. when mine were 2 they were pretty fluent but in the us i have seen alot of 3 year olds that just babble is that widespread or just what i have seen? america seems to be alot more different than here especially when spending time in both. i love being in america so not getting at anyone i am just interested. if she can hold it under normal circumstances maybe it is for attention or maybe she just forgets to hold it in when her mind is occupied with other things. some kids hold it in too long incase they miss something thats going on could she be holding it in too long?
Yes I am in US. Actually she is "late" in terms of potty training compare to other kids here. I don't think somebody can speak fluently at 2. I wonder why it would be different in other country?
I often saw her trying to hold on peeing.I told her not to do it. I can always stop and start tv again, but she doesn't listen.

Last edited by galinaqt; 04-11-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
(female)

plainjayne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by galinaqt View Post
Yes I am in US. Actually she is "late" in terms of potty training compare to other kids here. I don't think somebody can speak fluently at 2. I wonder why it would be different in other country?
I often saw her trying to hold on peeing.I told her not to do it. I can always stop and start tv again, but she doesn't listen.
not fluently as though they know all the words there are to know(i dont know the meaning of many words!)but they were easily understood by eveyone and could explain anything they wanted. i never noticed the differences until i started taking my children to the usa and there seemed to be many differences especially the ways parents speak to their children. i think that making potty trips strictly at certain times could do more harm than good- children need to learn how to hold it in and you dont want to start any compulsive behaviour.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

sem627 HB User

My daughters were "fluent" at two also. Of course they have much more vocab to learn (I still could and I'm 36), but they were definitely speaking and capable of having full conversations at that age. I think talking and reading with them is huge to their vocab. My 4 1/2 year old is reading second grade books and I did not teach her to read. It's the time you spend with them. As far as comparing countries...unfortunately the US has awful maternity leave standards. We have friends who live in Norway and they are given a one year PAID maternity leave. The US, 6 weeks...and that's not paid. It's terrible. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with my three children, but it's sad that many aren't able to that. I'm not knocking kids in daycare or those moms who choose to work either. It's a personal decision, I completely understand that. But too many, who I believe would like to, aren't given a choice.

As far a the real subject here A four year old should be potty trained, no problem during the day. I would check and make sure there isn't a UTI or other infection. But little ones will hold it to not miss out of something. My daughter used to do that and we just had to tell her to go. But I would check with the doctor again.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem627 View Post
My daughters were "fluent" at two also. Of course they have much more vocab to learn (I still could and I'm 36), but they were definitely speaking and capable of having full conversations at that age. I think talking and reading with them is huge to their vocab. My 4 1/2 year old is reading second grade books and I did not teach her to read. It's the time you spend with them. As far as comparing countries...unfortunately the US has awful maternity leave standards. We have friends who live in Norway and they are given a one year PAID maternity leave. The US, 6 weeks...and that's not paid. It's terrible. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with my three children, but it's sad that many aren't able to that. I'm not knocking kids in daycare or those moms who choose to work either. It's a personal decision, I completely understand that. But too many, who I believe would like to, aren't given a choice.

As far a the real subject here A four year old should be potty trained, no problem during the day. I would check and make sure there isn't a UTI or other infection. But little ones will hold it to not miss out of something. My daughter used to do that and we just had to tell her to go. But I would check with the doctor again.
When one compare countries he/she has to look beyound maternity leave or vactaion. In my ex-country maternity leave was 2 years and vacaton 1 month, but every other aspect was terrible. It's very unlikely that I would even have a family there.
Back to the problem. Doctor told me that she may have a disorder. If it doesn't go away by 5 years old, he will give her medicine. Hopefully she is too small.
He doesn't think that she has infection 'cause it will burn her, but I can have a test if I want.

Closed Thread