It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
4 year old getting out of the room

I put my 4 year old dd to bed between 9-10, but then she always get out and messing around until 12. She irritates me and doesn't let me do my stuff well. Any thoughts?

Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jozi209 HB User
Re: 4 year old getting out of the room

She doesn't sound tired. how physically active is she during the day? i know a family with two kids who don't have a tv, and they focus a lot of energy on being physically active throughout the day, rain or shine. the kids go to bed between 7 and 8 pm every night. they kind of follow this school of thought that says kids should not be sitting down mch before age 7, but instead should always be moving. they say its important for emotional and pysical growth.

Last edited by jozi209; 04-17-2007 at 06:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Look into sleep disorders in children.

There are 80. Insomnia and an unwillingness to sleep is highly suggestive of one. The most common one is obstructive sleep apnea due to enlarge tonsils and adnoids. This is exceedingly common and can be bad on a childs health.

If you child snores.. see an ENT immediately. Snoring is not natural in children under the age of eight.

Sincerely,
MG

PS My four yr old has severe sleep apnea, as do I. It is genentically linked.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

My daughter was exactly the same (no sleep disorder tho). She is still a night owl. You can't make them sleep if they don't want to, but you can have rules about staying in their room, being quiet, etc.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

My kids are the same. My oldest is known for waking and coming in to our room. I take him back to bed and sit with him for a couple minutes until he falls asleep. He's been waking b/c now that he is potty trained, when he has to go pee, it wakes him up and then he wanders. I wouldn't worry too much about a sleeping disorder. Not every child who has sleeping issues (staying asleep) has anything medically wrong with them. If that was the case, we would be at the doc's every day! If you think your child has something wrong see a doc, otherwise, I tried putting him to bed earlier (7pm) and it has worked wonders. If he does get out of bed, it's still early enough where I can get him right back to sleep at a decent hour. Good luck!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

I was thinking that she is so tired that she can't sleep well anymore. Not being rested interferes with sleep. I would put her to bed at 8:00.

Closed Thread