It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

mariella HB User
2 yr old won't stay in her room for her daysleep

My 2 yr old daughter usually has a nap after lunch, most days she will go to sleep easily but lately I am having a battle to keep her in her room for her sleep. She gets toy/shoes out (i am trying to take everything out of the room) or she comes out I put her back it goes on and on.

Any ideas, also I was interested in finding out about any of you have 2 yr olds and do they still have a day sleep. I NEED her to have a sleep or even just a rest so I can get things done as I have 2 older children. Thank you.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User
Re: 2 yr old won't stay in her room for her daysleep

My 2 year old till takes a nap every day at around noon. He will usually sleep from 1-2 hours or more. If he doesn't he's falling asleep on his feet around 4pm. My 3 year old won't always sleep during the day. They both get an early bedtime of 7 since they are both tired a bit earlier. When we were kids, my mom made us stay in our room. If we didn't actually sleep, she didn't care, but we HAD to stay in our room and in our jammies for 1 hour everyday so she had a break. We usually did sleep. I really don't think my kids would stay in their room on their own at this point! Ha Ha. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Can you put one of those childproof doorknobs on her door? Leave her some quiet toys and don't worry too much if she sleeps or not. I have seen this work eventually. They get bored and often just lie down and sleep after a while.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:36 AM   #4
(female)

kyliesmama77 HB User

My daughter is 4 and she gets 2 hours of quiet time in her room (on the weekends, she goes to daycare during the week). Especially with me being in school I have to have time to do homework/study so I tell her I don't care if she falls asleep or not but she will have quiet time in her room. Sometimes when I check on her she'll have fallen asleep on the floor! But it works.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sem627 HB User

When my now 4 year old was two, she stopped napping completely. My first daughter slept until she was almost 4, so I assumed my second would as well. No such luck. Because she gave up naps, she would be really, really tired about 5:00 p.m. and it was bad for a few days, but then she got used to it and hung on until bedtime. Nice thing about that though, she was asleep in 5 seconds once she was put to bed. No trouble putting her to bed at night.

I would maybe put a child gate at her door and do the quiet time thing. (I plan on doing that this summer when my 7 and 5 year olds will be home from school. More because I think I'll need a break from them

Instead of taking things out of her room, give her quiet things to do and like the other posts said, she may become bored and fall asleep. The thing there is...how long will it take her to fall asleep? Sometimes, by the time they fall asleep, it's too late in the day for napping. So you may have to start a little earlier so she doesn't ruin her bedtime sleep.

Good luck.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:39 AM   #6
(female)

mariella HB User

thank you ladies for your replies. I have a child door knob thingy lol that sits on the door handle and my girl can't spin it, so she stays in here room and actually falls asleep most days after a while. So it's turned out okay, if she doesn't sleep she is so ready for bed by 6.30pm and as one of you mentioned goes down so easily and is asleep within 5 mins.

I really need just that couple of hours to rethink and recoup during the day so i am not looking forward to when she is finished her day sleep. But it will come eventually. Best wishes to you all.

Closed Thread