It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
problem with # 2

My 4.5 normally ok with #1, but #2 is still a problem .Yesterday, she did it one the floor and cover it with a book. I am afraid that may be she doesn't feel it. Is it possible? I can't get an answer from her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: problem with # 2

Oh they feel it. They just do not want to take the time and stop and do the job. They would rather run about and play instead. If the child is able to make demands of you clearly and get the point across then they know exactly what they are doing. She knew she was wrong and tried to hide it.. this shows that she was trying to avoid the consequences and continue as usual.

My son would have been spanked for that and put in his room for a long time. His room is just for sleeping.. nothing to play with there except pillows and blanket. This gets the point across real quick. You may try the timer potty schedule. Take her every hour.. make her go.. when she can go on her own and not make mistakes she will not lose ten minutes an hour to the potty. This works for all but the most stubborn children quite well and quickly. If no accidents occur after a week of this schedule.. bump it to every two hours.. then three.. and so on until the child is fully functional on their own. At four they can go in the potty and wipe there own bottom. Just beware of the desire to wipe and flush half the roll of toilet paper. Mine tried to flush a whole roll still on the roll when he was two.. and the thought of his little voice telling me,"Mommy car get stuck in hole." Still gives me shivers.

Sincerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sem627 HB User

She absolutely feels it!!!!!!!!!!!! She's 4.5..yes she feels it and knows exactly what she is doing! If she hid it with a book, then she is quite aware of what she did and obviously knows it was wrong.

Did you try a reward system? When my daughter was almost three we made a big fish tank out of large paper. I bought fish stickers and I told her when we filled the tank with stickers, she could buy a real fish. Maybe you could do something like that. I also bought a bunch of little gifts from one of the $1 stores. I wrapped them all up and told her each time she went poop on the potty she could have one. It was exciting because she didn't know what was in each one.

But above all, you've got a behavior issue here. I've read your others posts and it seems to me that you need to be much more firm and consistent with her. Remember, you are the parent!!!! She is looking to you for guidance and boundaries. You need to establish them and stick to it.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

My neighbour thinks that since she is too small she is not able to put legs on the floor which make it hard to do # 2. My neighbour thinks that I should give her potty back. I wonder if she can use a step stool instead. A potty is going backwards.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

My son had a stool and seat with handles that was placed on the regular seat until he grew into our potty.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread