It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
(female)

Hayley22 HB User
please could you advise me on this?

Hi I just want a little advice if possible

My daughter is 2 and could start pre-school in October but the pre-schools around us I am not keen on so I made some enquiries and she could start proper school pre-scool next year and thats where she would stay I feel happier sending her at 3 and a half is there anything wrong with leaving it until next year to start proper school pre-school as I take her to a few playgroups and swimming during the week that she enjoys doing??

I appreciate any advice given

Hayley x

Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User
Re: please could you advise me on this?

I thinks it's good for you to wait. I don't think there is any need to send a 2 year old to preschool!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

My oldest started preschool right after her 4th birthday (her birthday is in August). I don't see any benefits to sending a child as young as 2 to preschool. Playing with other kids and discovering the world around them is the learning they need at this point. They are just not ready yet IMO.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User

I personally wouldn't send a 2 year old to preschool. They need to be playing and having fun. Going places with Mommy and playing in the dirt and playground.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #5
(female)

Hayley22 HB User

Thankyou for your replies just I felt like people would think bad of me for not sending my daughter to pre-school but I think that it is best for me to when she is that little bit older I also thought it was too early for them.

Thanks again

Hayley x

Old 06-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

As both a parent and a kindergarten teacher I agree with the others. Two is way too young. I actually would wait until about the age of four. And, when you do start her in preschool make sure the school has a big focus on learning through play. As the PP said, children do much better later in life and are much less likely to get burned out at an early age when they have had a preschool experience which is age appropriate.

Nancy

Old 06-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
(female)

Hayley22 HB User

Thankyou everyone,

I would like to send my daughter to pre-school that is the actual school at around 3 and a half so thats exactly 1 year before she starts school but just not this year think she is too young and just now am going along with her to playgroups and such like that.

I appreciate your advice as I say just felt wasn't sure if it was something that I had to do but didn't want to. I think my daughter will enjoy it more when she understands what it is I know she enjoys the playgroups and I think they are enough for now.

Thanks again

Hayley x

Closed Thread