It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Bad influence?

My son is 3 years old and I have stayed home with since he was born. We are very good friends with a couple that have a four year old boy. The four year old has always been sort of advanced for hs age snce he has been hanging out with older kids for a long time. He also has been riding a two wheeler for a long time. Probably since he was 3. Well our problem is the way this little boy acts. He will demand things from his mom without asking nicely or saying please and she doesn't seem to correct him. When he gets angry (which seems to be a lot) he grits his teeth and screams. (he has even done this to me when I told him not to do something. He also will be mean to my son (who is his friend!) all the time for no reason. He will just get really mean even though my son isn't doing anything to aggrivate him. My little boy can't talk nearly as well as him and isn't aggressive at all he is a really sensitive kid. This four year old will also get up in his face and make this awful face and do a hissing monster noise. My husband and I both get mad when he does this. I think part of the problem is this little boy is allowed to roam outside all day long everyday and half the time isn't supervised.
well now my son is copying this behaviour. He will talk to us the same way and do the same exact things as this child. We tell him he can't talk like that and put him in time-out ect.. and do not tolerate this at all. The behaviour stops until he gets together with this boy again and then he starts up again. I have gotten to the point where I don't want them playing anymore. The probelm is we are such good friends with the parents and I talk to the mom all the time. I have already started to back off from our friendship because I don't want the kids around each other. I think my son is too young to understand how he gets in trouble for acting a certain way, yet his friend does it and his parents do nothing. I don't know what to do but keep them away from each other because I don't want my sweet little boy turning into a bratt.

Last edited by besafe20; 06-24-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread