It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
(female)

TayTay06 HB User
In Home Babysitting

Does anybody here have an in home babysitting arrangement that their children attend? My girlfriend and I are thinking about doing some sort of in home babysitting in attempts to still work and be able to be with our own babies.

I am wondering what the parents have to say about their situation....any suggetions? Complaints? How does it work for you?
Thanks
Tay

Old 07-14-2007, 06:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User
Re: In Home Babysitting

My children have an in home babysitter. She is my BIL's cousin. I think she is wonderful and the situation is perfect for us. She has a friend that helps her and one of her nieces (who is 16) helps with the older kids after school. I don't have one negative thing that I can say about her.

My sister used her as well. She did not have as pleasant of an experience as I did. My sister's children are not very disciplined and "Donna" (the babysitter) was very tough on them. She had to be because she has a lot of younger, more impressionable children there. My sister doesn't like to think her children do anything wrong and still can't believe that I would send my children to her. Donna quit her because her kids are out of control.

I'm looking to go back to work and I can't wait to start bringing my girls back to her. They love it and Donna really loves the kids she has. She has been doing it for 20+ years because she has a mentally ill son and couldn't work because she had to be home with him. He is in his 20s but has the brain of a 6 year old. On the days he doesn't go to work (he volunteers with the elderly) he gets right down and plays with the kids.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the in home thing much better than the school like setting. I think it's more comfortable for the kids. I think you should go for it. If you love kids half as much as Donna does you will love it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread