It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
(female)

sdjansen HB User
Odd toddler behavior

Recently my 2 year old DS started humping my 2 month old DS. He does it when he gives him hugs. I also saw him doing it to our dog when he was laying on her back hugging her. I am not sure how to approach this behavior, I dont know what to say to him when he is doing it. I dont feel like I should tell him he is bad, but I dont know how else to get him to stop. Is this normal for kids to do?

Old 07-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User
Re: Odd toddler behavior

I am beginning to think that NOTHING is normal in regards to my sons. I also have 3 and 2 year boys. My 2 year old leaves his crotch alone for the most part except when changing his diaper. My 3 year old, forget it! You would think his hands are glued down his pants. He doesn't do this anywhere but at home. I gently remind him to take his hands out of his pants. I wouldn't suggest making a huge deal out of it. They are going through a huge discovery right now (personally I think they never stop!) with their body. Just remove him from his "humping object" and tell him that he shouldn't do that. At 2, a big explanation of why doesn't really make an impact in my experience. Good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
(female)

vsmom HB User
Re: Odd toddler behavior

That was sooo funny. I remember my little brother had a little sore on his penis from playing with it so much.
My DD humped my little guy a week or so ago. Its pretty unnerving but haven't seen it since. I recently read that because they are so focused on potty training....everything kind of stems from that. Like, my DD is constantly talking about pooping and farting...we call it a buggit...anyway, she's like, "I buggit on your face mom".."I buggit on your butt, your boobs, etc" She sounds real nice doesnt she?
Anyway, I guess they are just figuring out the whole private part deal and have maybe figured out that they feel pretty good. If she humps the baby again I'll just be gentle but firm and say. "no, thats not appropriate, we don't do that." Good luck!!!

Closed Thread