It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

angelz921 HB User
My 3 1/2 yr old is peeing on floor

I have a 3 1/2 year old boy who out of no where started peeing on the floor in his bedroom. We just moved into a new house that has carpet in his room and now we have busted him 3 times going on his floor. I just had a new baby who is now 2 weeks old, so I know this is an attention getter but I don't know how to handle this or how to correct it. Please help me! I am so angry about it I need to know how to handle this situation. I made him clean up the pee but it didn't seem to help the situation any.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User
Re: My 3 1/2 yr old is peeing on floor

This is definately a way to get your attention. Maybe he just needs a little one on one time with you. Do you have a little time each day to devote just to him? Whether it be to read him a story or whatever, but just with him.

What also may help is making him a part of helping with the new baby. He could be the diaper and wipe retreiver, help pick out clothes, something like that. Maybe if he is more of a part of what is going on he won't feel so threatened by the idea of the baby getting so much attention.

Congratuations on the new baby!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

Yes, I would say between the move and the new baby, it is a way of acting out. You did the right thing by making him help clean up the mess. I think the advice of having him help with the baby is great. Try to have one on one with him when you can. Best of luck. This, too, is most likely a stage...or phase....!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
(female)

angelz921 HB User

I do try to take time out of every day to spend with him, whether it's just pulling out crayons and paper and coloring or sitting in his room playing with his cars. I thought maybe it would help but for some reason it doesn't last long.

Oh he love's to help with the baby, he will help hold bottles, or throw diapers away, or gets the burp clothes if needed. I even tried having him help with bath, but that didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

I guess time will only tell, it's just so frustrating on how much and how badly he has been behaving lately.

Closed Thread