It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

Jazzmine1212 HB User
Unhappy 2 Year old can control bladder, but hates to pee in toilet!

My 2 year old wakes up dry in the morning and I try to get her to sit on the toilet to pee, but she doesn't want to. She then tells me she's peeing as she's standing in the kitchen. During the day she'll say she's peeing and she just does in her diaper. I sometimes remind her to use the toilet, but she doesn't want to. I keep telling her that big girls sit on the toilet and mom goes in the toilet too. I even show her that I'm wearing underwear and I go to the bathroom in front of her so she sees that I go in the toilet. I don't know what to do anymore. She goes to the toilet occationally when she needs to poop usually. I even tried to put underwear on her, but she just pees in it. I did this a few times, but the wetness doesn't bother her. Any tips anyone?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User
Re: 2 Year old can control bladder, but hates to pee in toilet!

what worked for my older daughter was making her clean up her own mess when she peed in her panties on the floor. she did it twice and has kept herself dry ever since!

with my second child, i am in the same place as you.... except that i won't attempt panties yet, cause i just don't want to deal with the mess! she's just stubborn and strong willed and will tell me she's going potty in her diaper, or just after, but she does NOT like to go sit on the potty! she will do it occasionally, but it's not her favorite thing to do.

i think our biggest problem is that i'm too tired and unmotivated to really be consistent with potty training her (her dad is deployed and i'm pregnant!). so if you find out any good easy tricks, definitely let me know!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Re: 2 Year old can control bladder, but hates to pee in toilet!

I'm sure you've heard this before, but have you tried little rewards for her if she does go pee in the toilet? Like stickers...or a small treat? Maybe making a chart to put stickers on would make it exciting for her? I'm thinking of doing this myself.

I too can only sympathize with you. My DD turned 2 last month and she's had her own little potty for months, but she will not go pee or poop in it. She only sits on it for a minute if I'm lucky...and that's only if I'm in there going she'll come in, take her diaper off and sit for a minute, then get back up and ask me to put her diaper back on. Grandma even bought her a datachable Dora potty seat for the big toilet, but so far it hasn't swayed her. She tells me when she goes pee & poop in her diaper, but won't go do it in the toilet I just had a baby 3 weeks ago and am really hoping to get her out of diapers soon so I'll only have 1 in diapers...at the same time I don't want to pressure her too much or rush it as this can make it harder on both of us!

I guess the only thing you can do is wait it out a bit longer and maybe when she's more ready she will go pee. At least you have her going poop in the toilet it sounds like...so she's probably not too far off!

Closed Thread