It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

MammaRachie HB User
My infant won't eat Baby Food

I have 2 daughters a 2 year old and a 9 month old....My 2 year old was the best baby and slept thru the night and ate baby food like snap it was so easy....but my youngest is so much more difficult (which I expected because not all babies are the same). But now I'm to the point where I feel I'm doing something wrong....or that I've already done something wrong.

My 9 month old won't or can't eat baby food....no matter what I add to the rice cereal (peas, carrots, squash, apples, pears, prunes, ANYTHING) she won't eat it....she cries and cries and ends up gagging on it....and because i can't get her to eat baby food....she's still on formula which means she is still waking up around the clock EVERY NIGHT.... And my husband is in the military and is very busy with his job and can't wake up or be there ALL the time....which means I'm doing it alone and I'm so tired. I am at a loss now....I am worried that its something I've done or worse that there is something wrong with her. What should I do?? She won't take ANYTHING literally other than formula and ONLY Enfamil she won't take anything else.....I'm going insane I get frustrated trying to feed her and I just don't know what to do any more.... Any suggestions?? any thoughts?? PLEASE HELP ME!! What should I do??

~Rachel~

Last edited by MammaRachie; 06-10-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
(female)

jillr HB User
Re: My infant won't eat Baby Food

First I would talk to her doctor to make sure there isn't anything physically wrong with her. And if she's perfectly healthy, my advice would be to make her baby food. I made my daughter's baby food and it was very easy. I just took whatever I was making for supper, put it in the food processor and diluted it with water. As she gets more used to eating, you can dilute it less and make it have more of a texture. You can also freeze it in ice cube containers to make single servings for her. Then you just defrost in the microwave and she has a delicious and cheaper meal.
good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sem627 HB User

My first daughter was totally off baby food by 10 months old because she wanted to self-feed. So I just let her. I gave her little pieces of cheese, tiny cut up peices of grapes, cheerios, toast, those Gerber puffs, potato, etc.

Can your baby feed herself finger foods? If so, I would just go with that. She's getting her nutrition from the formula, so I wouldn't worry that she is eating jarred baby food.

Last edited by sem627; 06-10-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

DS was rather picky. Hated rice cereal, but he did like babyfood oatmeal with pears. Loved baby food meats & mac & cheese and some of the fruits and orange veggies, but that was it. I kept him on formula and fed him yo-baby (whole milk) yogurt. I would chop up what we were eating and he'd eat that -- spagettios were also a favorite, chicken ala king... At daycare they'd just grind up what all the other kids were having and he'd eat that.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

luckydarlin HB User

Have you only tried mixing the other baby foods with the rice cereal or has your little one rejected the baby food fruits and veggies on their own as well?

Closed Thread