It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
(female)

cherriesangela HB User
Question need help with my 6 year old!

i have a 6 year old and a 2 year old and my 6 year old is thhrowing the worst fit ever when he has to go to bed, the will lay in bed for hours on hours just screaming and crying, i have done everything to try and get this to stop, i have no idea what to do but i have noticed that my 2 year old is starting to throw his fits more like his big bro and i really do not want this to be happening i cant keep this up! im going crazy listening to him scream every night! please any ideas will help thanks!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: need help with my 6 year old!

The best thing to do in these cases is to just let him scream and throw his fit until he finally falls asleep. You have to make sure that you don't react to his tantrum by yelling at him or speaking to him or going into his room. Just turn up the radio or TV. Eventually he'll see that he gets no attention and it will stop.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
(female)

cherriesangela HB User
Question Re: need help with my 6 year old!

have tried this and it only gets worse to where he gets up out of bed and just jumps and cries and everything and anything that i do does not help!! corner, time out, spankings, no playing, no tv, no ps3 or xbox 360 ect this kid would have anything and everything he would want if he just would act right!!! but now i really have to do something as his 2 year old bro is picking up on the bad fit throwing! i do not want to deal with a 6 year old and a 2 year old!! any other advice?? and this is any time that he dont get his way anymore and i dont spoil him or the 2 year old they get what they want if they are good! so please any advice would help

Old 09-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User
Re: need help with my 6 year old!

I went through the same thing when my kids were younger. I ended up going to a sleep for kids program we have here. The advice i can pass on is that you stay in the room until he settles BUT he must stay in the bed. every time he gets out of the bed. You put him back in. No conversation NO cuddles NOTHING. I'm sure its a tiring experience. I went through it too. as I'm sure other parents have also.
Oddly enough we have re-runs of Supernanny showing on our screens. She did the exact same thing. On the show. Parent stayed in the room also. It took 2.5 hrs for the child to fall asleep. Took my kids 3 days of doing this, for them to understand, That i meant business.
I do wish you well. hope these tips can help you. You can alternate with hubby if it gets too much for you. Thats what they did on the show too.

Closed Thread