It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User
Son seems insecure after starting daycare

My son will be 2 on July 9th and he just started daycare 2x per week last week. So he's been a couple of introductory times but for the real deal he's only been twice now. I am not sure if it's a coincedince but since he started daycare he is much more clingy and wants to be held all the time! He has also started to wake up in the night and he seems scared. He does talk but he isn't talking in sentences yet so when I ask him if he had a baddream of if he's afraid I am not sure if he is understanding me. He seems like he is very afraid of being left alone now, which does make sense considering he just started daycare. I understand the logic behind it 100%, he is feeling abandoned because I leave him at daycare and now when he is with me he is going overboard with the clingyness.
My question is, has anyone else gone through this? Does it get better or go away? I feel like I have a baby again with the lack of sleep I am getting. It's been since he was 7 months old since he did this stuff. I am out of practice for all nighters Any adivce??? Should I be trying to comfort him and go to him at night because of all that is going on during the day? Should we be doing the CIO stuff like we did over a year ago? I just feel bad to leave him alone in there when he sounds so scared!

Closed Thread