It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

lisak77 HB User
11 month old baby SCREAMING at night

Hi my 11 month old is waking up screaming or shrieking at night. We used the sleepsense program and he has a great bedtime routine and goes to bed with no fussing and puts himself right to sleep. He also has two wonderful naps during the day, one in the morning for an hour and a half and one in the afternoon for two hours. He goes down easily for both and maybe cries for a couple of minutes. 3 hours into his night sleep however he wakes up screaming. Even when I go in to reassure him it's impossible to calm him down. I've picked him up (even though I know I shouldn't) but he won't even calm down...he's just so angry. So I keep going in in 5 minute and then ten minute intervals and he just keeps screaming for an hour and half and there's no change. I used to breastfeed him but even that now when I was at my wits end didn't calm him down. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: 11 month old baby SCREAMING at night

It's about time for those one year molars to start coming in. Have you looked to see if he's cutting teeth?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread