It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

Cheryl06 HB User
why would my child use the bathroom on the floor

My son is three going on four and has just started peeing and pooping on his bedroom floor for no reason. I have three kid's. My daughter just turned two and I have a four month old. He went through the being jelous stage when my daughter was born but has been fine with the new baby. I don't understand what is going on. I'm at a loss right now. My son has trouble talking because of a condition he has. He has to be sent to a surgen for his tounge, so unlike many parents who can ask what is wrong I can't, well I can but i can't understand what he's trying to tell me. I feel so upset and hurt because I can't help him. I feel as if I've done something wrong. What do I do?

Old 12-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: why would my child use the bathroom on the floor

He is trying to get his share of attention in a negative way.

If you do not make a big deal out of it, he will soon learn that way is not working.

Try your best to give him your undivided attention frequently. Hard to do with a 4 month old and a 2 year old, but, that must happen.

He is young and his two siblings have rooted him out of his first place with you. Children are willing to share to a certain extent and then they rebel. Your time and lap was always his and now someone else is in it/has it now.

Last edited by Misty800; 12-30-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Does it happen at night or during the day, or both?

If at night, it could be that he's afraid of the dark or afraid of getting in trouble for being up at night.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
(male)

Mike18603 HB User

My son is 12, and he is peeing on the floor at night time. Not actually on the floor it self, but on the clothes that are on the floor in his room. He is afraid of the dark. The bathroom is right next to his room. He has also sleep walked in the past, and when I comfront him he says, why does everyone keep blaming me for this? He says, he doesn't know how it got there, because he didn't do it. I don't know what to do. He is 12. Maybe he is just sleep walking. Maybe he is to afraid of going to the bathroom, because of being afraid of the dark. He get's tons of attention from my wife, and I. Neither of us are currently working, so I don't understand it. If anyone has answers, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

For the 12 year old, leave the bathroom light on all night and see if that makes a difference.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Who know's why he is doing it. One can only speculate. Is he allready potty trained? If so, it could be a matter of being afraid to walk to the bathroom at night. Or he might just be too sleepy and out of it and that could be why. I have three son's and two are potty trained. My middle child used to wake up in the middle of the night and pee on the bathroom wall! So I finally caught him and was easily able to tell why. He was absolutely in sleepwalker mode! lol. The little guy made it to the right room, but the eyes were closed and he figured it was good enough. So I started leaving all the lights on in the hall and bathroom to wake him up better and that worked. If your son is just beginning to potty train, then it could be a matter of he has the right concept, but nobody to remind him where or how to do this. You could simply try just paying attention to what room he is playing in and making sure to tote the potty chair around so that when he gets the urge, he is then able to get there in a timely manner. As far as trying to "get attention"............I haven't found this to be the case in any of mine when they start doing some sort of strange behavior. More then likely it is something he has done a couple of times now, and it has become a little bit of a game or a habbit. I would not make light of it! I would not go over board either. But I would definately let him know that this is dirty and make him help clean it up. Dont tell him that HE is dirty, and dont continue to get down on the little guy. Explain it to him quickly, in as few words as possible, and in a calm voice, that this is dirty on the floor, it belongs in the potty, and then have him help you clean it up, and then sit him on the potty. Be consistant and it shhould all work out. As far as your sons condition, my middle child was tongue tied and required surgery. He was 4 when I finally realized there was a big problem. Once that happened and his vocabulary grew........and it happened by leaps and bounds....... a lot of things calmed down with him because we could finally communicate effectively with one another. Best of luck to you!
Melissa

Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

My grandson was tongue tied. It's a simple surgery to take care of it. don't wait to get it done so that he falls behind in his speech...

Closed Thread