It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
(female)

rocketbot9 HB User
mom at her wits end

My son is four and has been peeing and pooping on the floor almost every day since he was two ,and even driving his toys through it. The toys that he drives through it get thrown away instead of being cleaned any more, That seems to have stopped the pooping on the floor ,but not the peeing. I notice that he does it when he's mad. The only thing his doctor has told us is that he has ADHD, we've tried meds, time outs, making him clean it up, you name it, nothing seems to work. I've gotten to the point that I just scold him and clean it up, I don't know what to do anymore.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: mom at her wits end

have you tried bribery? How long did you do the time outs? I would go back to that and I would make it consistant, firm, and something that he can find absolutely no enjoyment from. He's old enough to be able to put two and two together. My brother and his wife used a play pen when there son was acting out. It had no toys, no blanky, nothing that was fun and it they would turn the tv off so he couldnt watch tv. They say one minute longer then their age. So if he's 4, you can put him in it for 5 min. after he gets out. make him clean it. He will put it together eventually. But you may have to stick with it for a while. He knows at this point that he can outlast you. Also, get a big jar and fill it full of treats and let him pick one out when he goes on the toilet. Let him know what a good job he is doing. Its a lot of work, but that's part of being a parent. hope that helps you.
Melissa

Last edited by justmel30; 03-01-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Too long and wordy. Wanted to shorten it up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: mom at her wits end

First of all, I don't know a doctor that diagnoses kids at such a young age for ADHD. Has your child truly been evaluated for this? Diagnoses for ADHD should take months and it does not happen in just one visit.

Another question - are you with your son all day and where are you when he is peeing and pooping? It seems you need to catch him in the act.

When he does this behavior, you have to follow with discipline. I would still make him clean it up, and then take away his favorite toys for the rest of the day. It's all about the discipline!

Closed Thread