It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

42121 HB User
why does my daughter pull her eyelashes out?

Why does my daughter pull her eyelashes out? She started doing this in the 4th grade. She is now in college and still has a hard time refraining from playing with and pulling out her eyelashes. What can I do to help her?

Old 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: why does my daughter pull her eyelashes out?

I wonder if this falls under the heading of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder(OCD)? I would guess that it might. It takes different forms with different people. Most people have heard of "frequent hand washing". It's a compulsion to do something excessively. You might want to look into OCD, if you haven't already.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

Research the word trichotillomania. It's basically a nervous habit. My daughter (24) had it
as a toddler and preschooler but she outgrew it. It is a very treatable disorder as far as
I know. Best wishes!!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
(female)

ceecee4god HB User

Hello, I also starting pulling my eyeslashes out at that time and now I still do, while in college. I can honestly say that I believe that I pulled was because I was under a lot of stress or when i felt alone. It was a release of all that after I would pull. I can't say that's the reason your daughter did but I can say that she needs to know that you care about this problem and just that you believe her and love her no matter what. That's what I wished my mom would have told me.
Good luck and I hope I was helpful

Closed Thread