It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

angelar71 HB User
Is my teen sexually active?

My son is 15 Years old and I am concerned parent. I want to be sure if my son is sexually active at this stage of life. My son assures me that he is still a virgen. He has a physical next week can the doctor determine if he is avirgin. My son was never curcumsized and if foreskin is still connected to his glans will that determine if he is still a virgin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
(female)

zoranm HB User
Re: Is my teen sexually active?

The Dr won't be able to tell if he is a virgin! even if uncircumsized boys had tell tale signs, which they don't, it could have been from masturbation. The only thing you can do is hope that if he is having sex he has protection and is smart about it. What makes you think he is having sex? having 4 teens (at the same time!) i thought for sure 2 of them were virgins but they weren't. We can't stop them and buying condoms/pill does not make teens think you are ok with it because they don't care what their parents think, only what they think and want to do. We bought condoms for the boys and got our daughter on the pill as soon as we thought it maybe happening. This decision is the smartest one as well as education from parents. Unless a parent decides to lock their child away 24/7, which of course we don't, there is no way to stop it. We would like to think they don't do it but they do! Also with your son being so young, i am not sure his Dr would even have a reason to look at his penis at this age unless he is complaining of problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User

I have a 17 year old son myself and we hoped he would not get sexually active until he was much older. We told him that if he ever THOUGHT he might become active he was to tell us he needed to go to drug store and no questions wouldbe asked. We have gone to the drug store a few times and bought him condoms. Controversial i know but every time he has been tested ( that was part of the deal) he has been clean of all sexually transmitted diseases.He also has not gotten his 1 girlfriend pregnant although she has been on ( and OFF ) the pill.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
(male)

Bloodstone HB User

Sometimes when a man has sex, and he still has foreskin, once in a while it can hang, in the vagina, and tear: Alot of blood, so much it can be seen, on underwear... It causes pain, for 2 days, so if he is ever walking slow, that could be why....

Old 09-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
(female)

Sumanadevii HB User

I am 60 years old, mother of many sons and I swear...what a mess some parents are! Some do not even understand the very basic "boundary". I see them invading personal private spaces of their sons without a thought.

There is also a thing called trust. Dragging a young man in and out of the doctors office..nosing about his sexuality...does nothing but push him into sex way before his time. Why? He will do it just to spite you.

How foolish!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
(male)

mtnbkr HB User

send him to a health class that talks about teens and safe sex. so when its time he will know what to do or not do with out having mommy embarrass him. if you dont know where or what health classes are available GOOGLE IT

Old 10-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
(male)

SadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanadevii View Post
I am 60 years old, mother of many sons and I swear...what a mess some parents are! Some do not even understand the very basic "boundary". I see them invading personal private spaces of their sons without a thought.

There is also a thing called trust. Dragging a young man in and out of the doctors office..nosing about his sexuality...does nothing but push him into sex way before his time. Why? He will do it just to spite you.

How foolish!!!!!!
Sorry but I totally agree with this. I cannot imagine anything more mortifying than having my mother take me to the doctor to tell if I am a virgin or not. My mother was always going through my things and reading my journal and TO THIS DAY i have not forgiven her for that. I have a full time job and 3 children, and although i have not been a perfect person I am a good person, and I had sex at 16 whether my mother liked it or not. Your son is going to have sex at some point, and at this point he most likely isn't going to tell you about it. He is probably way too embarrassed.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 AM   #8
(female)

nathanbrown HB User

No way to drag your teen to a doctor just to know if he is sexually active. You are just embarrassing and pushing him to do it. So just keep the line of conversation open, Stay connected with your teen. Teen sexuality is a difficult issue for many people to deal with. Keep talking about it with your child.

Lots of things are enticing; alcohol and drugs for instance. It is a natural part of development. That doesn't mean we should encourage it. Sexuality is the same thing. Our children are looking to us for direction. We need to teach them that just because something feels good at the time doesn't mean it is healthy. Set high standards.

Last edited by nathanbrown; 03-05-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Closed Thread