It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
2yo who chews his hands

My son just turned 2-1/2. About a month ago, he started this new "habit" - as if he were teething (BTW, George was NEVER bad with teething; hardly complained for the latter teeth, and never chewed on himself or anything else). Just out of the blue, he has been gnawing on his hands/fingers and sometimes up his arm, drooling all over them. I thought he had all his teeth. While I can't be sure he understands me, I've asked him if his teeth hurt, or his mouth or tongue, etc, and he mostly indicates "no". Sometimes early on he indicated "yes", but seemed not to care. (He doesn't talk well at all.)

Could he be having more teeth come in, or could this just be a silly "habit" he decided to start? He's never done anything even so messy; he's been very "easy" as far as habits or cleanliness.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: 2yo who chews his hands

Are you sure he's already cut his 2 year molars? My daughter just started the same habits and I swear she is getting ready for her 2 year molars! There's no sign of them yet, except that she's chewing the crap out of her hands and drooling like a crazy person! She is almost 2 1/2. If you aren't sure if he has his molars, count his teeth and compare them to a teeth chart, or ask a dentist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Re: 2yo who chews his hands

I thought they are supposed to get 20 teeth, and that's what he has.

Closed Thread