It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

jandacuervo HB User
Post Part of a secret society on another planet and sex with imaginary boys???

So my stepdaughter is 14 and diagnosed ADHD and earlier this year I found letters and journals she wrote that were very sexually explicit in nature. I told my DH that it wasn't normal and he needed to do something, but he's very passive and "doesn't know what to do", so he does nothing. He doesn't like to face things and just hopes problems go away (he is ADD.

A few weeks later one of her friend's mother calls concerned because she heard that my SD might be pregnant, had been sleeping with boys and hasn't had her period in months. I told her that none of it was true and that the child lies, exaggerates, makes up stories and an overall over active imagination. I think my DH should have taken the call, but that's another story.

We tried to confront SD about the situation and she denied everything!!! We told her about the call and the journals and she denied and tried to dance her way around everything. Well, to try to make a long story short, she came up with this thing about how she belongs to a secret society on another planet- The Agency. They are some kind of dream warriors who save people from dying in their sleep and the 2 boys she was telling her friends she was having sex with are from this world. I thought she was kidding and asked her if she meant that this whole thing was just something she made up or pretended she said "no, it's real." She was dead serious too. I just couldn't believe it!!! My dad is Paranoid Schizophrenic so I feel like I've got pretty good experience.

She said that she doesn't know anyone else who belongs to this organization and that she's not supposed to talk about it. She has always had a problem distinguishing between fantasy and reality. There have been many other instances where her behavior has been questionable but this was up there. As I stated, she has ADHD and most of the issues associated with it: immature, few friends and the ones she has seem to have their own issues, poor social skills and socially awkward, can't relate to her peers, little to no common sense but yet very bright academically.

I did mention to DH that she might be bi-polar or schitzo but that's as far as I want to take it because he still blames me for him putting her on meds for the ADHD. Does any of this sound like some sort of mental illness? BTW, her bio mom has had postpartum depression with all 4 of her kids, has taken meds for her own depression and anger issues with my SD (when SD was an infant no less), and been in some kind of hospital for suicidal thoughts/threats.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
(female)

Betty Bee HB User
Re: Part of a secret society on another planet and sex with imaginary boys???

Wow this was pretty painful to read as I have a step son and dealing with his bio Mom on issues can be difficult. I really feel your husband needs to listen because this is obviously not normal behavior. Have you talked to any of her teachers? Is there a school counselor at the very least bring this to his/her attention? Maybe you can get more feedback from them to see what her nehaviors are lie at school. Do you feel like it isn't your place or your stepping on toes? This situation obviously needs attention and it seems you are the only one that will do it. Your step dtr is lucky to have someone who cares and is not in denial. This definitely sounds like some sort of chemical/mental issue. Could it be her medicine causing the behavior, or other drugs. Good luck to you.

Last edited by Betty Bee; 11-23-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

My first step would be to verify that she is not pregnant.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
(female)

jandacuervo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Bee View Post
Wow this was pretty painful to read as I have a step son and dealing with his bio Mom on issues can be difficult. I really feel your husband needs to listen because this is obviously not normal behavior. He's got adult ADD and is in denial about that and had his own issues. He knows she's "different" but I know that he also feels I make too big a deal about her. Have you talked to any of her teachers? Is there a school counselor at the very least bring this to his/her attention? He doesn't want people to know about her behavior because it's embarrassing.Maybe you can get more feedback from them to see what her nehaviors are lie at school. Do you feel like it isn't your place or your stepping on toes?Yes and no. I was the one to mention to him all those years ago that she was not a normal child and he didn't like that. I'll be honest I may not have used the nicest words, but I was going crazy with her and tired of it. I convinced him to go and have her checked out and she was put on Strattera, but it was hard to get her mother to administer the meds because she said it was the kids responsibility to take them herself when she visited her!!!! Go figure. ANd then my MIL, his mom, is completely convinced that there is NOTHING wrong with the child. To top it off, my DH blames me for making him get his child on meds????? I'm kinda of fed up with it all because I'm going to get the blame you know. This situation obviously needs attention and it seems you are the only one that will do it. Your step dtr is lucky to have someone who cares and is not in denial. This definitely sounds like some sort of chemical/mental issue. Could it be her medicine causing the behavior, or other drugs. She hasnt taken any meds in almost 2 years, My DH says she's "grown out of it." I just think she's gotten better at trying to hide it.Good luck to you.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
(female)

jandacuervo HB User

She is most definitely 100% NOT pregnant.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
(female)

katlovesdogs HB User

That in itself is a blessing.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
(female)

jandacuervo HB User

Well, SD know thinks that maybe what she thought WAS real really wasn't real. She said she waited for "something to happen" and nothing did so it must have been a dream. Frustrating to say the least.

Closed Thread