It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

HI-grl10 HB User
Is my daughter showing signs?

Hi all. I am 25 year old and was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder at 13. At the same time I was diagnosed with ADHD. I have been on every Bipolar medicine on the market and I Had trouble finding the best one for me. All the Med either made me manic or depressed. I have been back and forth on mess up until 6 months ago. I found a new doctor that was actually willing to listen to me and go through my history. First he started me off on Abilify and it worked for a little while and then I started getting depressed again. So I went back to see him and told him what was going on and he suggested trying out Abilify and Prozac together. That was 6 months ago and everything is amazing. No manic or depression. Could be helpful to people with the issues I was having.

So I am wondering about my daughter. Bipolar runs in all the women o my moms side of the family. Started with my grandmother, then my mother, my Aunt, then me. My biggest concern is that it seems to be worse with each person. I had it the worst and I am concerned for my daughter. She is starting to show small signs that I am picking up on. She does things like sitting on the couch watching a movie and then all of a sudden start crying for no apparent reason and I ask what's wrong and she says she doesn't know she is just sad. She can be happy one minute and be mad as all the next or sad. Then at times she just starts running around the house with a sudden energy start talking a hundred miles a minute like she is just anxious. I have had her tested for ADHD and she isn't. These were the exact signs that my mom saw and took me to see a psychiatrist. At that point I was diagnosed. What do you guys think. The only problem is that she is only 7. Should I have her seen or let it go?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread