It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
6 yr old female with possibilty of Bipolar disorder

My friend has 6 yr old female that the school psychologist says she has bipolar disorder. Is this possible for a six year old ? I think that she can't come up with a diagnosis so she is guessing. The reason I think this is because she has previous to this that she says is emotionally disturbed, has ADD/ADHD,is brain damaged due to premature birth and long periods of apnea when she was n infant. The school psychologist and the county mental health psychologist doesn't agree with the bipolar disorder diagnosis but isn't communicating or working together with the school psychologist. Personally,from what I see and hear is a lack of consistent discpline from both mom and dad and they don't work together as a team on discpline. I think that that the parents need to have another independent evaluation of their daughter's problem. Any professionals in this field of treating children with mental illness out there can give me any help or advice on this board ?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

auntdew HB User
Re: 6 yr old female with possibilty of Bipolar disorder

I thought finding bipolar disorder in children was a bit funny myself,

< edited >

Basically, it found that the psychiatrists who popularized the diagnosis of bipolar disorder in children were being paid by a drug company whose drugs are used to treat children with supposed bipolar disorder.

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-05-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread