HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Parenting Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/)
-   -   My 17 year old daughter and her thongs.. (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/856299-my-17-year-old-daughter-her-thongs.html)

SusyLo 06-26-2011 08:43 PM

My 17 year old daughter and her thongs..

I don't want her to have them but she is almost 18 years old.. engaged and I just had no reason not to let her wear them, Up until now she was buying them and I was throwing them away because I didn't think they were appropriate.. but know what can I say she has graduated she is responsible she buys them with her own money... I don't know what I can say I've told her that if I see them in the laundry I will throw them out.. but its doesn't seem to do anything.. She told me to get over it that she was growing up and it wasn't such a big deal when we were at the store and she told me she wanted to buy them.. Know she is getting her fiance to be there with her when she buys them.. she says he doesn't look because its weird but I don't know could they be for him??. I mean I like him very much and they are wonderful together he is a real nice man gentle sweet respectful, thoughtful I'm happy for her I just don't like this thong thing..

writeleft 06-27-2011 01:25 AM

Re: My 17 year old daughter and her thongs..

This is one of those times when I think you have to pick your battles. Considering her age and relationship status, and that she is responsible in other ways, I would let this one go.

By now she should be doing her own laundry anyway, and you should not have to see them if they bother you. I see lots of young women wearing them, in good taste.

Time to let go of the little stuff, as hard as it is to do so.

Belly Kelly 07-02-2011 05:59 AM

As long as they are not sticking out of her pants, then I wouldn't worry about it. Think about it, why does it matter what she is wearing under her clothes? My mother used to think I was crazy for wearing underwire bras when I was a teen. She never wore them and complained when I bought them. It seems so silly when I think about it.

And yes, it is most likely for her fiance. It probably makes her feel sexy and good about herself. Plus, some people find them comfortable. I think you have to accept that your daughter is growing up and is finding her own sexuality. If she goes to school and gets good grades, then the thong thing is the least of your worries.

Kali333 07-02-2011 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=SusyLoren;4787101]I don't want her to have them but she is almost 18 years old.. engaged and I just had no reason not to let her wear them, Up until now she was buying them and I was throwing them away because I didn't think they were appropriate.. but know what can I say she has graduated she is responsible she buys them with her own money... I don't know what I can say I've told her that if I see them in the laundry I will throw them out.. but its doesn't seem to do anything.. She told me to get over it that she was growing up and it wasn't such a big deal when we were at the store and she told me she wanted to buy them.. Know she is getting her fiance to be there with her when she buys them.. she says he doesn't look because its weird but I don't know could they be for him??. I mean I like him very much and they are wonderful together he is a real nice man gentle sweet respectful, thoughtful I'm happy for her I just don't like this thong thing..[/QUOTE]

It's really her business what sort of underwear she wears, isn't it? :confused:
Most young girls wear thongs these days.
What's the difference, really? Normal underwear cover up your butt-cheeks, thongs don't.
So what? Even if her butt-cheeks are uncovered, all the pertinent parts of her anatomy are covered, so what does it matter?
You are, however, correct in that you still legally have a say over what type of underwear your daughter wears until she turns 18 years, old, and after that you no longer will.

Best of luck.

Curious One 07-05-2011 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=SusyLoren;4787101]<snip> I just don't like this thong thing..[/QUOTE]

What parts about this thong thing bother you?

What is it about your daughter wearing them that bothers you?

itsjustnikki 09-17-2011 11:21 AM

MOM!!! stop talking about me, what are you doing on here??? im just kidding.. i remember being 17 and having that same argument with my mom. i was also engaged. thing is at 17 you are right in that spot where you feel like you should be able to make your own choices. and just think about everytime you throw a pair away she replaces them right? i did the same thing. when it comes to thongs, truth is that women of all different ages and sizes and cultures are wearing them. it isn't just a sex thing anymore its a fashion thing too. who wants crazy looking pantylines? so mom, just dont panic and be proud that her underwear is all you have to worry about :)

chances are

jim765 09-17-2011 08:26 PM

heck,dont worry about,you would be surprized at how many men wear,wear bikiny under ware .lol